Chapter Eight

I was really looking forward to this day, but not anymore. I just want to go home and sleep. Stay strong, Blake. Don't let Miranda and Luke get to you. That tiny voice in my head was right- I've got to stay strong. Also, I can't lose that bet I made with Adam. "Blake, where have you been?" Cee Lo asked me. "Sorry, there was a lot of traffic," I lied. Cee Lo looked at me suspiciously and then we sat down in our red chairs. "Hello, this is Carson Daly and we are live at The Voice. Here are your judges... Adam Levine!" The audience screamed vociferously. "Cee Lo Green!" The audience screamed even louder. "Christina Aguilera!" As you probably guessed, the audience screamed louder while Christina was waving to the cameras and some people. "Blake Shelton!" Hearing the audience scream/clap for you really makes you feel good. "Each of the four finalists will perform an original song and a duet with their coach," Carson said. Javier Colon from Team Adam performed first. He sang an original song called, "Stitch by Stitch." Oh no, next performance is Dia Frampton and I. "Great job, Javier. Remember if you want him to win The Voice, vote for him. Voting closes within two hours after the show. Now, our next performance, Dia Frampton and her own coach Blake Shelton!" All of a sudden I felt nervous. I can do this. I won't back down.

We are singing, "I Won't Back Down." We've sang a minute of the song and we are having a great time. I looked at the audience, and I see this girl that looks like Miranda Lambert. What if that girl is Miranda Lambert? Gosh, curse my eye sight! Unexpectedly, the image of them kissing appeared in my mind. No Blake! Don't think about that! Focus on the song! I tried my best to not think about Miranda and Luke, but the illustration of them kissing wouldn't leave my mind. As we were singing the rest of the song, I sang some of the wrong lyrics. Dia was looking at me with a confused expression on her face. I messed up during the middle of the song, but I think I redeemed myself at the end of the song. Hopefully, not that much people noticed that I messed up. I am so disappointed with myself.

Vicci Martinez from team Cee Lo sang, "Afraid to Sleep." After she performed, Beverly McClellan sang, "Beautiful" with her coach Christina. Then Dia sang, "Inventing Shadows." I want to invent something that produces sexy woman so Luke can leave Miranda alone. I hope Dia ain't mad at me. When she was done performing, she seemed happy. She even smiled at me. Javier was doing a duet with Adam now. They're singing, "Man in the Mirror." I couldn't take my eyes off Adam during their whole duet. He was staring at me for a while also. I have to admit that I'm kinda jealous of Javier singing with Adam. However, I've sang with Adam many times before so I guess there's no reason to be jealous. Next, Beverly from team Christina sang, "Lovesick." I think she winked at me while she was performing. Closing the show, Vicci and Cee Lo sang, "Love is a Battlefield." I actually agree that love is a battlefield. I rather be in a field of one hundred Adam Levine's though. "Cee Lo Green and Vicci Martinez closes up the show. Remember to vote for the person you want to win The Voice. Good night America," Carson said. We all said our goodbyes to each other and I talked to Dia and found out that she wasn't mad at me. I am worn-out and excited. I am worn-out because it's been a long day and I'm excited to find out who will win The Voice season one tomorrow! I drove to my house and just went straight to bed. Oh shucks! I totally forgot that Miranda will be doing a duet with Dia tomorrow night... How in the world can I sleep now?