Chapter 42

Since it's the last chappie before the epilogue, I decided to make it in different surprise POVs. Hope you like it.

Eric's POV

I held my breath as Charlee, Blaire, and Bianca were kicked out of the hotel room, leaving me behind. I shouldn't have said yes but I needed to save my friend.

"Take a seat, make yourself feel at home, Angelo," Camallia offered and I flinched when she called me that name. It felt so wrong and out of place.

"That's not my name. I don't know how you know about me but anyone could've hacked up my information. You're not my mother," I told Camallia, refusing to take a seat.

"My dearest boy, I don't need a computer to tell me things about you. I raised you. I know you have a scar on the inside of your arm from a surgery you had when you were two after you fell. There is a birth mark on the back of your neck that I bet you've never even seen but I know it's there because I am your mother," she smiled.

"That doesn't prove anything, just that you are observant," I countered.

"Well how else would you like me to prove it. Do you want me to call your sister and have her identify me or would you rather spare her the nightmares," she raised an eyebrow.

"Leave my sister out of this, leave all of us out of this. Why did you ask to talk to me. I doubt you suddenly got an urge to feel maternal all of a sudden," I questioned her.

"I feel hurt, I'll have you know that I was an amazing mother until you were taken away from me,"

"That's not what I heard," I shook my head.

"What you heard from your sister may be true but it wasn't always that way. Your father dragged me into this mess and when he died I had no way of getting out and on top of that I had three kids to take care of on my own. Forgive me for not winning the mother of the year award,"

"It doesn't excuse the horrible things you've don't to me or anyone else," I said looking over at Marco's unconscious body.

"Whatever I've done I've done to keep myself alive. I've spent years searching for you, I wanted to bring you back home. I wanted to start a new life with you and your brother and sister. You don't know the whole story. You three were once my whole world," Camallia's facial expression softened as she placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Well you're a little too late now. You aren't my mother. My mother was the woman who raised me and taught me right from wrong. She was there for every fever, nightmare, and heart ache that I had. You aren't and could never be my mother," I replied harshly and removed her hand from my shoulder. I turned away from her and headed for the door. I didn't need to hear more bullshit.

"Aren't you tired Angelo? Aren't you tired of not being important?" she asked me and I turned back around.

"What are you talking about?" I asked her.

"You're never someone's first thought. All your friends got to come here to train in Italy while you had to stay home and babysit. Your girlfriend didn't stay behind for you. In fact if I'm not mistaken, she kissed another boy. At least from what I've heard," she smiled and I felt my fists clenched.

"The reason I didn't go to Italy was because my sister had been trying to protect me from finding out about you," I countered.

"That may be true but face it, your dream has always been to be the best hasn't it? But you will never be the best because you will always be left in the shadows. Your sister is the golden child of two spies and your girlfriend is the niece of the group you work for. You will never be the best because that spot has already been filled for you. You will never be the leader because that's who your little girlfriend gets to be. You'll always be known as Charlee's boyfriend. I mean that's why you came to Italy right? For her?"