Chapter 35

"I hate how they're treating us like little kids," Blaire complained as she walked into our dorm. Bianca and I looked at each other and shared a smile because we got to skip out on the lecture since we were behind on an assignment.

"What did we miss?" I asked setting my papers down.

"Nothing, just the same crap. Basically no students are allowed downstairs until we are instructed because they're preparing the ballroom. The guests will arrive first, then we get to make an entrance, and lastly the Prime Minister and his family make an entrance. We are not allowed to make any scenes or make the Prime Minister look bad. If we go outside and see paparazzi, we're not allowed to talk to them. We have to wear appropriate attire and act in a fashionable manner. If we don't comply we'll be escorted off the property," Blaire droned out in a bored voice.

"At least they're letting us make an entrance," Bianca shrugged her shoulder. The ball was really to promote the next elections but we were allowed to attend as a gift since we're going to graduate from this training academy in a few weeks.

"Yeah but it's probably just going to be a bunch of old politicians," Blaire rolled her eyes.

"You get to be with Jacob," I said in a singsong voice and batted my eyelashes at her. She glared at me, grabbing the nearest pillow to throw at my face.

"We're not dating!" she yelled.

"Denial!" I yelled back.

"Hey we have to finish these cold cases or we don't get to attend the ball," Bianca reminded me and I nodded my head.

"Call me when you need me to help you get ready," Blaire said before getting up and leaving the room. I knew this meant we still had to talk about the whole 'Jacob' thing.

"Soo her and Jacob huh?" Bianca asked raising an eyebrow but not looking up from the pile of papers she was reading.

"Yeah uh something like that," I replied shrugging my shoulders. Bianca didn't reply.

"You don't like him do you?" I asked her.

"Me? No I don't... I couldn't ever compete with you and Blaire," Bianca shook her head.

"That doesn't mean you can't like him-- wait did you say Blaire and me? Why would you need to compete with me? I'm dating Eric you know?" I asked her in a confused tone.

"I know but I thought Jacob... never mind. The point is he doesn't like me and I'm too busy anyway," she shook her head. We remained in an awkward silence for what felt like forever.

"So how are you doing over there?" Bianca asked when she finished her last paper. We had to go through ten cold cases and review them. We weren't supposed to solve them, better agents than us had tried, but we were supposed to write a summary and a theory of our own for our Cold Cases Class.

"I already wrote my summary and theory," I explained.

"Then what's wrong?" she asked looking over my shoulder.

"I just feel like I'm missing something," I told her.

"You don't have to solve it, that's not our job,"