Chapter 24

[24 Hours Earlier]

Eric's POV

"I don't understand why we couldn't fly in first class. I mean the girls got a private jet, you'd think the least I could get is some shrimp cocktails," Jacob muttered bitterly when he sat down in his apparently unsavory business class seat on the plane.

"You should be happy I'm even taking you with me, you're probably still considered a danger to society," I replied as I put my carry on bag above us in the designated compartment.

"You know what's a danger to society? Those shoes. Honestly Eric, put some effort into your outfit will you? You're going to see your girlfriend, please tell me you at least showered," Jacob rolled his eyes at me as if I were the unreasonable one here.

"Shut up and just look out the window or something. And for the record, yes, I did shower," I replied grumpily. I have no idea how I'm going to bear a near 12 hour flight with him.

"Probably didn't even bother with cologne," he said looking at me disapprovingly but turned to face the window before I could say anything else. I was getting settled into my seat so I could fall asleep when someone tapped my shoulder. I opened one eye to see Jacob.

"What?" I asked him annoyed. The plane hasn't even taken off yet and I already want to jump off.

"I need to use the bathroom," he said.

"Didn't I tell you to use it before leaving the house?" I said getting up angrily.

"Well I didn't have to pee when we were back at the house," he responded with a roll of his eyes as he got out of his seat.

"You're such a child," I muttered as I sat back down. Jacob responded with a few choice words that a child clearly shouldn't know...

I took out my phone and decided to text Charlee before the plane took off. I should probably buy her flowers right? That's what boyfriends do in those romantic movies I've seen with her. That is if I don't sleep through them. I only stay awake because I know Charlee would be upset if I fall asleep.

Well that and the fact that she'll finish all the ice cream on her own and leave none for me if I fall asleep during the movie.

I texted her asking about her favorite flowers but she didn't answer. It was nearly one in the morning over here meaning it was like nine or ten in the morning over there. She was probably already up and busy working on cases or training so I'd have to guess on which flowers were her favorite.

"You know, I take my comment back about not being a child. Can I actually get some crayons over here or something?" I heard Jacob's voice yell from down the aisle and internally groaned. This was going to be a long ass flight.

.

.

.

.

"Jacob, if you don't stop complaining god help me I will leave you here stranded in this airport," I told him as we waited in line at the baggage claim.

"All I'm saying is that I asked for a vanilla frappuccino and that flight attendant brought me a vanilla cappuccino! Is she illiterate or something?" he asked even though he still drank both coffees. To be fair, I shouldn't have let him have coffee at all.