Chapter 38

"How do we even begin to find Marco?" Jacob asked out loud. We were in Head Quarters with Aunt Ally in the control room. She had dismissed everyone who wasn't completely necessary for the mission.

"We have to start from the very beginning, we have to find out where Marco was last seen and go from there," she instructed and for once I felt like I was learning something again.

"The last time I saw him was in the hallway outside of the main library," Tiffany spoke up.

"At what time was this? Also what did he look like?" Aunt Ally asked her.

"This was around seven thirty, he was already wearing his tuxedo. He looked normal, nothing out of the ordinary," she explained. Aunt Ally nodded her head.

"Get me on the phone with the Prime Minister," she instructed one of the agents which she had decided to keep around. The agent scurried off and quickly came back with a phone for her. She talked for a few minutes nodding her head and writing a few things down on a piece of paper before hanging up.

"His parents saw him at seven but then he left his room and wasn't seen again. It seems this makes you the last person to have seen Marco. So is there anything else you forgot to mention?" Aunt Ally asked her, looking down at her notes. Tiffany took a deep breath and tugged mercilessly at the strand of her hair once again.

"He was with Blaire when I saw them," she confessed and everyone began talking. Jacob's face turned sickly pale and he looked at me with the wides eyes. I've never seen him as vulnerable as he looked right now.

"Why didn't you say anything earlier??" Jacob seethed, looking at Tiffany with anger.

"Hey this isn't her fault," I reminded him, coming to her defense.

"You're right, it's all mine," he muttered taking a seat and putting his head in his hands.

"What are you talking about?" Palma asked and it seemed everyone was just as curious to hear the answer.

"Look, whatever drama is going on right now has to be set aside. If Blaire is somehow in trouble too then that just means we have more to deal with than just Marco," Eric spoke up.

"Well said Eric. We need to see the surveillance video from today, we need a lead since no one saw anyone come or go from the Embassy," my aunt ordered.

"I'm retrieving the surveillance video from today," Minerva nodded her head as she began clicking away on one of the massive computers. Her, Ronnie, and Owen had been asked to stay with us at Head Quarters.

"You said they were outside of the main library right?" Minerva asked as she scrolled through several clips of video. Tiffany nodded her head and everyone remained silent.

"Here it is," Minerva stepped out of the way and played a video clip as we all surrounded the computer in growing anticipation.

"You look tired," Marco's voice was the first thing to make a noise in the video. He was walking down the hall in front of the main library which is where Blaire had just come out of. She was wiping away a bit of makeup from her face and I couldn't help but feel guilty because I knew I had helped cause those tears on my best friends cheeks.

"You don't look so hot yourself," Blaire replied with her regular smirk but her voice definitely didn't sound like her own. It was strained and tired.

"Oh really because I've been told otherwise," he replied smoothly causing Blaire to laugh.

"It seems people lie to you then,"

"Well you're beautifully honest then, aren't you?" he asked.

"The truth sucks, you know? Sometimes it's better to just be left in the dark," she told him and he cocked his head a bit as if trying to decipher her words.