Chapter 14

Blaire's POV

"Welcome to your Covert Operations class. Its nice to see you all fully awake," Minerva smiled at us. We were sitting in the large classroom while she was talking.

"I'm going to pass out your schedules and then you will join your groups," she said grabbing a stack of papers.

"Groups?" I heard Lavender speak up from behind me.

"Yes, for this class I am separating you into four groups. They are team A, B, C, and D. They are posted on the wall and you can see them after I hand out the schedules," Minerva told her and the class was nervously quiet as she began handing out our schedules.

I glanced down at my schedule when it was placed on my desk.

Espionage 101............Period 1

Covert Operations.......Period 2

Forensic Science.......Period 3

Self Preservation........Period 4

Cold Cases.................Period 5

Elective....................Period 6

I don't know what classes I was expecting from a spy school but I didn't think Espionage 101 was going to be a course, thats for sure.

"What is our elective?" I asked Minerva and she looked down at a piece of paper on her desk.

"It looks like this year you can choose from Weaponry, Mixed Martial Arts, Languages, and Hacking," she said reading off the list. Well that's a no brainer, I better go sharpen some knives.

"You can all go see your groups now," Minerva said and I sighed nervously.

"Don't worry, I'll go check," Charlee said getting up from her chair and heading to the wall in the back of the class room.

"We're on team A," she said as she sat down next to me.

"Who else is with us?"

"Team A is Natalia Capello, Bianca Della Morte, Maroon MacDonell, Charlee Wynters, Blaire Ladner Cole Evans, Akio Nishimura, and Karlie Holt. I'm Natalia by the way," a girl with brown hair and curious green eyes introduced herself.

"Hi, did you just say the whole list off the top of your head?" Charlee asked and the girl smiled.

"I have photographic memory," she replied and this time I was able to pick up a heavy Italian accent in her voice.

"Are you from here?" I asked Natalia.

"I've been training at this academy for 11 years," she nodded her head proudly.

"If you've been here for eleven years then why do you need to take the classes?" Charlee asked looking at her schedule.

"Things weren't like this last year or the previous years. We barely had enough teachers let alone students in order to have proper classes. Thanks to the prime minister's donations we were able to contact more talented students and teachers. Then we renovated the R.I.P headquarters which is where we're studying now and-"

"Wait what's R.I.P?" I interrupted her confused.

"It stands for Retaliation and Investigation Program. All the teachers are agents of R.I.P and if by the end of training you show skills then you could be an agent too,"