Chapter 26

"Has Marco said anything yet?" Eric asked me as we waited outside of the airport. Bianca, Blaire, Jacob, Eric and I didn't all fit in the van so we had to get a cab. This was disaster waiting to happen.

"Not that I know of, he hasn't even made a call to his father which I find weird," I explained.

"He's probably still shaken up from what happened," Blaire reasoned.

"Well yeah but what exactly did happen??" Bianca asked passive aggressively.

"We have Marco but we're not any closer to solving who was behind this and who's to say they won't do it again?"

"Well the blood we found in his room didn't match Marco but we can run it through a data base to find out who's it matches," I suggested.

"We also need to interrogate Marco, I know he's gone through a lot but we need to get to the bottom of this," Eric reminded him. I looked at him with concern.

He had worry lines on his forehead and I could already see his brain shifting gears. He was planning and thinking already, it made me worried. He had just gotten to Italy and he was already thrown into this whole mess without warning.

I reached for his hand and he looked up and met my look with a small smile.

"Get a room," Jacob coughed and I rolled my eyes but Eric just laughed. He was probably already used to Jacob's annoying ass self.

"Speaking of getting a room, I'm going to need a tour of the embassy once we get there, he smiles at me but I bite my lip. I recalled Melody's voice when she called me warning me not take Eric there. Something had to be wrong but I had no idea what.

"About that, I don't that there's enough space for you two at the moment but I'm sure we can get you a hotel," I offered and he gave me an odd look.

"Wait, you're telling me that there's no space in the Embassy for two more people whatsoever?" he asked suspiciously.

"No, the thing is that with Marco's whole disappearance and all, we aren't allowed to bring anymore people into the Embassy at the moment. You know, for security measures," I told him and I crossed my fingers hoping that he bought it.

"You know, you do this thing where you get a little crease right above your nose? Well its adorable and all but it's your tell. It always lets me know when you're lying," he said placing his finger right on my forehead. I sighed in aggravation.

"Eric, you just can't be there right now," I told him as the taxi pulled up onto the curb.

"Why can't I be there?" he asked crossing his arms over his chest.

"You just can't right now but I can get you a hotel room," I told him trying not to fight.

"So I fly all the way to Italy to be here with you but I can't actually be with you?" he asks as the girls get in the cab.

"Eric I didn't ask you to come to Italy," I respond and he scoffed.

"Well excuse me for being a good boyfriend then," he threw his hands up in the air.

"Eric don't make a scene please-" I began but he just shook his head.

"No don't worry, I get it. The only scene you need to see is a crime scene. I can see that coming here was a mistake. I'm sorry for interrupting you Agent Wynters," he muttered.

"I can take them to a hotel," Bianca offered from the cab, while the driver looked extremely pissed that he got the group of melodramatic teenagers as his clients.