Chapter 37

"What the hell is happening?" I whispered as I hiked up my skirt and followed Tiffany down the dimly lit halls of the Embassy. Eric, Akio, Lavender, Jacob, and Palma followed us with equally scared expressions.

"Like I said earlier, Marco is missing again," Tiffany huffed angrily as she placed a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"How do we know the kid isn't playing a prank or is out with his friends?" Akio asked.

"Yeah the last time we thought that, he was kidnapped. After that scare I'm sure he knows better than to run off," Lavender reasoned.

"Well this isn't really our problem," Jacob rolled his eyes.

"Actually it was, we're still on the case and we were supposed to be keeping an eye on him," I reminded everyone. Tiffany sighed in frustration as her strand of hair fell on her face again.

"This should still be a problem for the real agents of R.I.P though, not us. The Prime Minister took us off the case," Eric argued.

"Yeah well, I think he changed his mind," Tiffany replied as she stopped and swung a wooden door open. The door belonged to one of the many offices of the Embassy and inside was the Prime Minister himself, red in the face with tears streaming down his face. We all stopped cold in our tracks and looked at each other with shocked expressions.

"Everything you hear inside must be kept confidential," a body guard stopped us before we could all enter the office.

"Do you think this is our first day on the job or something?" Jacob raised his eyebrow at the bodyguard only stared Jacob down in response before letting us in.

Inside everything was chaotic. The Prime Minister was blubbering away while a couple of R.I.P agents tried to jot down what he was saying. He also had a secretary who was managing phone calls left and right. The Prime Minister's wife was there, pacing back and forth while Adriano attempted to comfort her all the while Sara was trying to get everyone organized but no one was paying attention.

"You called us?" Tiffany cleared her throat and for a split second everything calmed down as everyone turned to face us.

"No, this office is full enough as it is," Sara growled, eyeing us up and down distastefully.

"I called them here Sara," Giovanni talked down to her.

"But sir,"

"Shut up Sara, it's your fault my son is missing to begin with," Giovanni's wife spoke up, looking at Sara with the wrath only an angry mother can achieve.

"I was hired to keep your family safe, it's not my fault-" Sara tried to defend herself but the prime minister held up his hand to stop her. He grabbed a tissue and dabbed his face in an attempt to dry it.

"Sara this was your plan and it has failed miserably. Until further notice you are not on my service. Now get out of here immediately," Giovani yelled and Sara glowered angrily at us but turned to leave.

"Oh and Sara," Giovani called and she stopped in her tracks.

"Yes?" she asked him.

"Get me Agent Wynters in here immediately," he ordered.

"Yes, sir," she responded with gritted teeth before slamming the door on the way out. I internally smiled because my aunt was a much better agent than Sara was.

"Giovani, tell them," his wife put her hand on his shoulder with tearful eyes.

"Of course, darling," Giovani sighed and looked at us.