Chapter 36

"Charlee wait!" Jacob exclaimed grabbing onto my wrist but I snapped it away.

"No. Don't you dare Jacob, if I lose my best friend and my boyfriend over you, so help me, I will have your head on a plate. What the hell were you thinking?!" I yelled at him.

"I can explain-" he began but I cut him off.

"Explain! Explain? Explain what!? The fact that you freaking kissed me? When I have a boyfriend? A boyfriend who is the closest thing you have to a friend? Not to mention how long it took me to convince Blaire to give you a chance and now you fucked it up. So explain that, Jacob!" I seethed.

"If you'd shut up for a second maybe I could. Why do you always get so worked up?"

"I don't know, maybe because I kissed someone who isn't my boyfriend and who my best friend happens to like, douchebag," I responded glaring at him.

"Alright ok! Point taken. Look I don't like you like that, I did not waste all of three weeks convincing your boyfriend to come all the way to Italy. If I liked you I would have come here and swept you off your feet while you were still mad at him," Jacob began but I crossed my hands over my chest.

"Well would you care to explain just what the hell your lips were doing then?" I asked. He put his hands on his temple and sighed.

"I can't believe I'm telling you this," he looked away.

"I'm leaving," I rolled my eyes and headed to the door.

" No! Wait! I like Blaire...a lot. And I've never liked a girl this much before," he began.

"So clearly the solution was kissing her best friend in front of her?" I countered.

"No shit ugh. I didn't want to kiss you. I panicked because I realized I liked her and I realized I'm not good enough for her. I've never just settled down for a girl. 'Fake' dating you back in high school for the mission was the closest thing that I got to. I panicked and I realized that if Blaire means a lot to me then it means I can't be with any other girls and god I don't know what the hell I just did. This is why I hate feelings they screw up my brain and I can't think of anything at all except how I'll never be good enough for her and-"

"God shut up Jacob. She already liked you and then you screwed it up. I'm going to go fix this because I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you like my best friend. If you ever pull a stunt like that again, I'll make sure to send you back to Los Angeles...in a body bag. Are we clear?" I asked him raising an eyebrow.

He swallowed nervously but nodded his head.

"Are you serious about her Jacob?" I asked him. He nodded his head again.

"Serious enough that you're going to stick by her even though she will make you go through hell after you just did? And you know she will make you pay for that. Are you still willing to stick around after?" I questioned him.

"I deserve it. I'll deal with the consequences of my stupid actions just, please, don't let her think I did this because I was playing around with her feelings. I'll do anything," he begged.

"I'll talk to her but don't ever do this again. Next time you feel insecure or scared don't go around fixing your little ego by kissing girls. Talk to her ok?"

"Got it..." he sighed looking at the floor.

"Oh and this," I said pointing between the two of us,"never happened," I shook my head and grabbed my shoes. God knows we were already late to the grand entrance.

"Are you going to tell Eric?" Jacob asked when he had caught up to me in the hallway.

"So he can beat your ass senseless and lose the closest thing he has to a guy friend around here? He'll never trust you again," I shook my head.