Chapter 25

Wow early update cuz you met the goal on Instagram! So for anyone who hasn't followed yet the account name is @ justundercover and I'm still interviewing people for co-ownership!

"Eric?" I exclaimed looking into the interview room in utter amazement. What the hell is going on here? Is this some sort of prank?

"Wait you know him?" Adriano asks me with as much confusion in his eyes as me.

"Yeah he's my boyfriend but he's supposed to be back home in Los Angeles," I explained. The blonde headed boy turned around and I gasped once again even though, honestly, I should've seen it coming.

"Do you know who he is too?"

"Yeah he's my ex boyfriend. Although to be fair, he tried killing us," I explained and Adriano just looked more bewildered.

"You're all quite a group aren't you?" he asks with a chuckle.

"Can you go get the sergeant? Or anyone who will let me into the interview room? I need to find out what's going on," I told Adriano and he nods his head and goes back out.

Why in the world was Eric here in Rome and why on earth did he bring Jacob of all people with him? Oh my god, did Jacob actually manage to murder someone this time?

While pondering what kind of evil doings Jacob managed to drag my boyfriend into, my phone began buzzing in my pocket and I hesitantly reached down for it.

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Charlee? Its me, Melody," I heard a frantic voice on the other line.

"Melody are you ok?" I asked her stepping away from the interview view to talk to her.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's Eric I'm worried about. Have you heard from him?" she asked me.

"He's actually right here," I told her glaring at the wall.

"Oh thank god! Can I talk to him?" she asks me.

"Well the thing is, he's being held by the Italian police force at the moment so I haven't gotten to talk to him either. I don't even know why he's here," I informed her with a light chuckle.

"Listen Charlee, please, this is really important," Melody said sounding even more frantic now. What is happening with the Alonzo family? I swear they're all crazy.

"Eric can not go to the Embassy under any circumstances. Please, whatever you do, don't take him there. Don't introduce him to anyone from the Embassy," Melody instructed and I raised my eyebrows in confusion.

"Is everything ok?"

"I'm sorry I can't tell you what's going on but you're going to have to trust me that its the best thing for Eric. Tell him I love him and that he needs to call me as soon as he can," she said, her voice a lot calmer and with that she hung up the phone.

I literally have no clue what's going on.

"Charlee they're letting you into the interview room, c'mon," Adriano popped his head into the room and motioned me over. I didn't hesitate to follow him out and into another corridor leading to a door. It was blocked by a guard but as soon as Adriano and I showed up he nodded his head and allowed us in.

Inside the room Eric and Jacob were sitting in front of steel tables while two police officers were talking to them in poor english. You could tell they were having trouble communicating with each other based on the confused expressions and Jacob's occasional angry grunts.

"Charlee?" Eric exclaimed stadning up once he saw me.

"Oh finally! For once you're here to do something," Jacob smiled relieved to see me.