Chapter 21

Jacob's POV (omg this is the first time I try something in his POV I'm scared)

"God dammit," I cussed holding my bowl of cereal as I tripped on something on the wooden floor in the living room. The milk from the bowl spilled and some of it landed on the couch. I turned to see if Eric was looking and when I realized he was still in the kitchen, I quickly flip over the cushion to hide the milk stain and I sit down.

"It's my turn to choose the channel!" Eric called out from the kitchen, running in with his own bowl of cereal.

"That's no fair, you watch really boring shows," I complain as he steals the remote control from me.

"It's my house," he pointed out.

"It's my house. Its my food. You tried murdering us Jacob! God come up with something else would you? Your excuses are becoming really unoriginal and honestly I feel offended that I'm not worth better comebacks," I scoff and he just sighs deeply.

"Shut up Jacob,"he mutters as he gets up to get coffee, leaving me with the boring old news station on the TV screen. I was about to change the channel when I realized he took the damned control with him so that was obviously out of the question. Bored out of my mind, I ended up actually paying attention to the semi-decent looking reporter woman.

"Its been a full day and so far we have no updates on the disappearance or kidnapping of Marco Aducci, the youngest son of the Italian Prime Minister. The young teenager disappeared in plain daylight a day after his father announced that his older son Adriano would be running for Prime Minister after he, himself, retires.

Possible theories have yet to arise and we have had no words from the Prime Minister or his security team," the woman on screen stated and the camera changed from her to a view of the Prime Minister exiting the embassy followed by cameras and reporters. I was about to yawn at this stupid bit of international new because, honestly, who cared about a missing teenage brat?

But as I was about to shut off the TV manually I noticed someone in the background. I blinked and did a double take but it was indeed Charlee and her little crew of friends in the background watching the Prime Minister from afar.

"Eric! You might want to get in here!" I yelled backing away from the TV.

"Jacob, for the last time, I do NOT want to know what happened with one of the Kardashians ok? Write it on your tumblr blog or something," he yelled back from the kitchen.

"This isn't about that dammit, and I thought you promised not to bring that blog thing up again!" I groaned.

"What is it then? I'm making coffee!" he hissed coming into the room.

"Oh nothing, I just thought I should let you know that your girlfriend is on live television but you know, get back to your important coffee making duties. Oh and while you're at it, make me a cup. You know how I like it. Black, like my soul," I told him smirking.

"Charlee is on the news?" he asked sitting down next to me on the couch. Did he think I was joking about that coffee or something? I really needed some caffeine in my system. All this being good and helping drains the energy right out of me.

"This isn't about her," Eric said shaking his head once he had re-winded the news segment.

"Well I know that, last time I checked her name wasn't Marco. But do you really think it's a coincidence she's there at the embassy where this happened? This must be part of her training or she must be involved somehow," I reasoned with him.

"She told me something about the Prime Minister funding their training program but I don't think this is a part of anything," he shrugged his shoulders. I threw a couch cushion at him.

"Ow! What the hell was that for?" he asked fixing his hair.

"I know its not a drill! They wouldn't put it on international television jeopardizing the Prime Minister's reputation but I'm telling you, knowing, Charlee she's going to try to get involved and help out somehow," I told him matter of fact.

"Of course she will. She's Charlee, she's a spy, she can't help it. But what the hell does that have to do with me?" he asked and I was ready to grab another couch cushion.

"You freaking idiot! You're the boyfriend here! Do I really have to spell it out for you?" I asked severely annoyed. He gave me a blank stare and I groaned.

"You need to go to Italy and help her with this mission. You've got to show her that you're still her partner. You're still there to help her out when she needs you," I told him but Eric didn't look convinced.

"Charlee is more than capable of handling the situation. She has the rest of the team and her Aunt there in Italy. She obviously wont need my help,"

"It's not about whether or not she needs your help. I know for a fact she doesn't need your assistance to kick someone's ass. It's about the act of you showing up and offering it to her that matters here," I explained. When did I become his personal relationship therapist??

"I think she'll just feel smothered. I'm going to give her space and let her solve this on her own," he replied indifferently.

"Ah yes, give her space. Of course she can solve this with out you, I have no doubt in that. And that's exactly the problem here. She's going to solve this all on her own and realize she doesn't need you.

She's in Italy Eric. She's playing the real game. This isn't high school anymore. If you don't show her that this relationship matters to you, there are plenty of hot Italian agents willing to take your place. When was the last time you even called her?" I smirked seeing his paling face.

"Ok fine, say I go to Italy. What do I tell my sister? We still have a pile of cold cases we need to finish in order to complete your training. What do I do with you?"

"What do you mean what do you do with me? You take me with you, duh. Sometime's you're so damn dense. I swear your brain is practically bullet proof,"

"But yours isn't"

"Oh shut up with your blank threats! Look at me in the eyes and answer a question," I told him all jokes aside.

"What?" he rolled his eyes bitterly, he was beginning to crack his knuckles anxiously.

"Do you love her?" I asked and I felt him go speechless. He wasn't expecting that.

"Well?" I pressed.

"Yes, I do. She's the first girl I've ever loved and I intend on her being the last. Why does that matter?" he sighed tired.

"If you love her so damn much then why cant you get a fucking ticket to Italy and surprise your girlfriend instead of moping here at home and doing a half assed job of solving cold cases?"

"I feel like you already know the answer to that don't you?" he asked putting his hand through his hair.

"You're scared of admitting you miss her,"

"I just feel like I would show that I need her more than she needs me," he finally admits. I smile because I finally got the dense motherfucker to open up.

"You thought she would stay when you told her you wouldn't go to Italy didn't you?"

"I thought so, but I was wrong about her. I don't want to do that anymore," he said getting up and ending the conversation.

"Where are you going?" I asked him getting up from the couch too.

"Packing my bag, I suggest you get packing as well," he yelled as he climbed up the stairs. I smiled to myself when suddenly, I remembered.

"Wait, you idiot! The coffee is burning!!" I yelled running into the kitchen.

~~~
So I've tallied up all of the scores from last week's update and the winner, by vote from you guys, was Agents of Just!

So congrats to @uncapital for submitting that awesome nickname! This chapter is dedicated to you for your great creativity. Thanks love. Until next week my little Agents of Just

~Lorna~