Chapter 19

"The elevator that takes us down to R.I.P headquarters is through this door on the left, down a hall, and across one of the display rooms. However, I know that the second we pull on this door we're going to set off an alarm and security cameras will be everywhere on the hall," Karlie explained in a hushed voice.

"So what do we do?" Blaire asked her.

"We book it," I shrug my shoulder and Karlie nods her head in agreement. Bianca unlocked the door, since we were on the inside that was pretty easy, and she swung open. As soon as she did so, there was a loud blare that went on for seconds. We jumped, slightly startled even though we were expecting it.

"Let's go, we only have a few minutes!" Tiffany scolded, making us run out of the room and out into the hall, now illuminated in red because of the alarm.

"Why would they put an alarm on the door of the trash room? God, so paranoid," Blaire said as we were running.

"Shut up twinkle toes and keep running," Bianca seethed as we exited the halls. I could already hear the footsteps of running guards behind us.

"Who are you calling twinkle toes? You're the one that threw a shoe at my face, which by the way you haven't apologized for," Blaire replied.

"Ladies, save the bad comebacks and claws for security," I told them as we dashed through the display room, dodging sculptures and giant greek vases.

"The elevator is just up ahead," Karlie instructed, her voice ragged.

"Stop right there!!" A guards' voice yelled.

"You will be arrested and charged if you don't stop immediately!" Another one yelled.

"Dammit, he sounds cute," Blaire whispered, turning around slightly.

"Oh, if only you weren't trying to arrest me," she smiled cheekily as she ran even faster towards the elevator. She was the first one there and fished out her ID card and slid it into the slot, quickly punching the security code.

"Push the button already!" I shouted since Blaire was already in the elevator even though the rest of us were still running with the guards right on our trail. Blaire gave me a crazy look but pressed the 'ground floor' button.

We began to sprint as fast as we could towards the elevator. I could practically feel the guard's shoes on my heels, ready to take me down. Not today! Er- tonight, whatever. We all entered the elevator as the doors began to close.

"I like playing hard to get, better luck next time," Blaire winked, sending the guards a kiss as the doors shut close right in their faces.

"I think it's been enough of a work out for me. Can we please just speed walk to head quarters now?" Palma begged out of breath.

"We jog," Karlie compromised as the elevator doors opened out to the empty halls of the academy. There was no one to be seen, whether it was a teacher or a student. We passed the fourth level with the classrooms, which were all abandoned and continued through the three other levels until we made it to the first. The common room was completely deserted, except for one person.

"Natalia, what are you doing here?" I heard myself ask the girl sitting calmly in the common room reading a book and sipping tea.

"Same as you, I was trying to help out the R.I.P Agents with Marco's case but it's strictly on a need to know basis. I didn't make such a ruckus coming into the museum though," she told us, setting her book down.

"Wait, then how did you get in??" Bianca asked her.

"You guys do know there is a code phrase you can tell the guards to let you in right?" she said giving us a little laugh at our clear struggle to break into the museum. We all turned to look at Karlie who was clearly flustered.