Chapter 12- "London"

Start from the beginning

Once I got everything, I run out and slip on my sneakers.

"Your luggage is in the car already."

"Okay, let's go!"

This time, we are both running out. Carter didn't have to, but since I was running, he had to follow closely behind.

It didn't take long to reach the elevator, but the ride down to the garage happened to be longer.

"How come no one woke me up earlier?" I ask Carter.

"Your dad tried but you weren't  budging, so he let you sleep a little while longer."

It was probably more on the fact that he didn't have enough time to try to wake me up, and was too busy getting ready himself.

The doors opened, and we went out to the group of black SUV's.

I put my bags in the trunk and climbed into the backseat. Another older bodyguard took on the driver's spot, so Carter had to sit passenger.

Father was in another car with his bodyguard and Mr.Owens.

The men conversed via Walkie talkie before they started driving.

I plugged my earphones in and tried to go back to sleep. With my Ed Sheeran playlist, it wasn't a hard thing to do.

~

Riley met up with us at the airport. She wore a floral dress along with sandals and her hair was curled. Riley only dresses like that when she wants to impress.

Coincidentally, last night I told her she would also need a bodyguard for the trip just in case something happens. That would explain her choice of flight attire.

She sat next to Zach, her temporary bodyguard, on the plane leaving me to sit with Carter.

"So my best friend ditches me for a boy," I tell Carter.

"What? You don't want to sit with your handsome protector?"

"What handsome protector?"

"Rude."

Once the plane took off, I immediately felt the urge to sleep. I plugged in my earphones and put my music on shuffle. It did not take long before my eyelids were getting heavy and slowly shutting.

I would've been happily dozing off, but my earbuds get ripped from my ear.

"Oh no you don't. Trust me, you are not gonna want to sleep right now," Carter advises.

"Well actually, I think I really do want to sleep right now," I say snatching my earphones back.

"If we get to London around 10, then you'd want to get some beauty sleep in for when you get up the next day to go out into the city all refreshed. Am I right?"

I give him a glare as he returns it with a smirk.

Carter reaches out with his palm up, "hand over the earphones, c'mon."