34. Someone, Somewhere

Start from the beginning

At the end of the show, the band decided to play an old song loved by many, known as, I'm Losing Who I Am.

The music started slow and haunting and everyone felt the raw emotion as the lyrics went through them. Y/N stared at Michael as she sang; he got the feeling that it was a cry for help and it definitely was.

She smiled after the breathtaking performance and bowed with the band before leaving the stage. It was hard to smile these days and she kept forcing it, but she couldn't take it. She slipped out the back for fresh air where she began to cry; she wished for someone, somewhere would hopefully save her from this struggle.

Michael made his way out of the club where it was quiet until he heard gasps and sobs coming from the alleyway; he was a bit freaked out as he slowly rounded the corner, but his eyes widened in shock.

Y/N was an emotional wreck and Michael stumbled forward in realization; she was calling for help because she had lost who she was again.

She had written the song as a young teenager and felt that no one understood her at the time; the song brought back the things she felt when she wrote the song. She felt lost when she had written the song; she found herself in music before and now she needed to find a new her.

Y/N never wanted to be famous at first, but she remembered how her family struggled; she only agreed so she could help her family, but she never thought music would make her famous. It had been a hobby and then it became a job and that's where she lost herself in doing what she loved. It would always be her safe place, but maybe she had always needed someone.

She had begun to calm down when she heard a familiar voice, "Are you alright?"

She looked over into the green eyes of the blue haired bartender and said, "No, I'm not."

It was difficult to admit that she wasn't ok, but she didn't want to keep pretending until she broke. His eyes held comfort and he made his way over to her; she moved closer too.

His arms went around her waist as hers went around his shoulders; the hug was tight and she didn't ever want him to let go; he didn't want to let go either.

They had only been acquainted with each other once when Michael was working and they didn't even properly introduce themselves; she found comfort in the blue haired stranger.

After a few moments she reluctantly pulled away and said, "I'm assuming you know who I am?"

He half smiled, "Yeah; I know your name and some of the basics, but I don't know you."

And he was right; he didn't really know her.

She nodded and said, "I wouldn't mind if you got to know me for real."

"Yeah; that'd be cool," he replied trying to hold back the slight excitement. "My name is Michael and I've always been a huge fan of your music."

"Great," she replied hardly believing she was about to give out her number to a fan.

He stared at her as she put her number into his phone and said, "I'm only giving you my personal number because knowing me I'll forget to text you or call you; I really don't want to forget you."