18-The Burnt House

Price Of Love

Ella-

Parties aren't my ideal way to celebrate a life well lived, going to the movies is. Since my friends made this party for me, it's only right to celebrate. Without them, I really don't think I could have been ready as I am for my surgery. They kept my mind off of it, completely, and they also helped me find love. What more could you ask of them?

"Wanna dance?" A ginger haired boy asks me. I immediately notice he has cute freckles and a sharp chin. His brown eyes look very dark and cold, but his smile is the complete opposite attraction.

I nod and take his sweaty hand to the dance floor. Some unknown song blasts through the speakers as I watch the ginger start dancing. Not having any dancing experiences, I follow his lead.

"So what's your name?" The stranger asks. I chuckle and respond, "have you ever been told not to speak with strangers?"

"I've decided that I can let that rule slide since this might be your last night, you know?" He replies and introduces himself, "it's Caron, but I'm mostly called Ron."

"It's Ella," I smile and then I feel my eyebrows furrow, he seems awfully familiar. "Did you know Brad?"

"Brad..." Ron falls silent before his face lights up,"Yeah! I was on the same football team, why you'd ask?"

"Oh, you looked familiar, that's all," I grin as does he and we walk together over to the drink station. I grab a can of coke and I watch him gulp down his can of Sprite. I take a sip of mine as I hear him ask, "So, does it feel weird knowing that this might be your last day?"

I focus on the liquid burning the back of my throat so I don't think of those dark thoughts. "I am not too sure."

"Well, I hope you make it," he smiles softly and combs his messy orange hair back. I stare at his muscles for a second before he says, "would you like to get some coffee with me sometime?"

"Mall. 7:00. Be there," I meet his eyes again and smile. Ron smiles back and steps a bit closer to me. I stay there, frozen. Is he making a move?

"Has anyone told you that you are beautiful?" Ron whispers, I catch every word clearly and I feel my own cheeks lighting up. I feel my palms getting sweaty, wait, am I having another seizure?

All my urgent thoughts are erased when I feel soft like butter lips on mine. I feel my legs go jelly and all I want is to stay in this moment. His lips on mine. Without much thought, I wrap my arms around his tall neck and push his lips harder onto mine.

Suddenly, his presence is forcefully ripped from mine and when I open my eyes again I see Evan. His face a beet red and veins bulging out. I furrow my eyebrows, had I been dreaming of Ron?

"Let's go." Evan clenches my wrist and pulls me out of the now quiet party. I slam my heels into the ground and fight back as much as I could. I didn't want to leave, the party was going perfectly. My eyes urgently wander around for Addison or Allysa, except, they weren't there.

As much as I fought back, nothing, not even thorns, stopped him from pushing me into his car and wrapping a seatbelt around me. I watch as Evan climbs in, locks the doors, rolls up the windows, and drives off. The car is silent.

"What did you do to Ron?" I bitterly ask, feeling a metallic taste in my mouth.

"Why does it matter, you have me." Evan rolls his eyes and slams on the brakes. I feel my head thrown forward, but the seatbelt forcefully pulls my body back onto the seat. My head feels as if a gong is being bashed over and over again inside there. I don't fight back when Evan pulls me into an abandoned house.

There are 'do not enter' tape stretched all around the front of the house. The wood is singed and there's debris everywhere. I make sure not to get my bare arms caught on any sharp pieces that must have been smoldered.

I follow Evan up the stairs and into a room. There is a silver crate placed in the middle of the room. Ontop of the crate is a jewelry box, with a dove carved on it. Evan leans his back up against a stable wall as I creep near the jewelry box, afraid that something or someone would jump out and scare me. However, I knew there's no way it'd be a joke, Evan is not that type of person.

It takes a bit more effort than I originally thought to open up the jewelry box. I expect Evan to say something, but all I hear is the jewelry box opening. I gasp once I see the necklace. It was my grandma's, the same very one I had stolen.

I pick it up and feel tears whelming in my eyes, the precious memories flying back. I feel my hands tighten around it, fearing to let it go.

I run to Evan and crash into him with a bone crushing hug. I burrow my head into his chest and inhale his familiar evergreen scent. I don't care how he found it or where, but I shouldn't have ever left him.

I feel him hug back and I feel a smile threatening to appear.

"I love you Ella Rose, and I'm so happy you can see through the what I've done." I hear him whisper.

I don't pay any attention to he last part of his sentence and whisper, "I love you too" into his chest.

A/N: Oh Ella, why do you have to be so naïve? I am so happy that I've finally finished all of the prewritten chapters! It's so thrilling to finish another book!

Stay Pricey-K