19-Quest For Love

Price Of Love

Ella-

"Hey, remember, I love you," Evan says, staring at me intently. I nod, suddenly feeling nervous about the whole surgery all over again. I squeeze Evan's hand, for more reassurance before letting go.

"It will be over before you know it!" Shouts Addison and Allysa together, before giggling at one another. I shook my head at those two, they were a match from the start.

"You have really good friends." Mom smiles down at me, helping the other nurses rolling me out to the surgery room. Then mom whispers, "And an extremely cute one."

"Mom." I groan.

"What?" Mom laughs, "I am just so happy you left the nest!"

"Yeah, okay," I say sarcastically.

"I will see you when you awake!" Shouts mom as she lets go of the handles. She waves frantically before the door slams shut in front of her.

I tried to stay relax as they pulled me into the surgery room. And it was only when they put me to sleep, that I actually was relaxed;

'I looked down at our hands, smiling to myself. I almost lost track of the time and how dark it had gotten. I could feel my love move beside me, Brad.

'I wish it could stay like this forever.' I sigh, sitting up and brushing the grass out of my hair. Brad sits up too, our hands clasped together once again. I lean on his shoulder, knowing that his muscular body will support me as it had when he was alive.

Brad moves a strand of hair out of my face, 'No you don't.'

This catches me completely off guard, 'What do you mean?'

'Tell me about Evan.' Brad smiles and wraps an arm around me so that I can nestle in his warmth.

'He is much like you, but he has that warmness to him. Like he wasn't my crush, you were. I somehow made him fall in love with me and he is trying to make me fall for him back. But I can't....' I stop, now wondering why I can't.

Brad then answers, 'Because you are still not over me.'

'Ha.' I laugh to myself, now looking up at the beautiful stars. 'If only it was that simple.'

'But it is Ella.' Brad chuckles.

'Tell me how.' I beg quietly, thinking that he might know something that I don't.

Brad adjusts himself a bit before answering, 'You have to be honest with him, and he needs to be honest with you.'

'Oh, and by the way...' Brad adds in the end, 'I don't hate him. You two were probably meant to be anyways. But can you let him know one more thing for me?'

'Yeah?' I ask, wondering if Brad is just gonna give me more questions that I need answers to. I highly dislike it when that happens.

'Tell him that he should work on his aim'

A/N: yeah, short chapter; I know. However, I couldn't think of anything else to add to this chapter so, I didn't.

I'd like to give a humongous shout out to rattroh (Auburn) for encouraging me to continue on with the updates and the prewriting. She is an extraordinary friend, and one of my few true friends to be exact. (Check out her profile for her works that is just off the charts).

Stay Pricey-K