7-A Promised Date

Price Of Love

Ella-

I crept into my mom's room, breathing as silently as I could. I couldn't sleep, I just couldn't. Something in my mind was nagging me. It felt like a past memory, a past life that was just crawling towards me just so it could swallow me up. Maybe I do need medical help.

"Mom," I whisper, as quietly as I could. She stirs awake, blinking frequently in the night's shadow.

"What is it, Ella?" Yawns mom as she sits up in her bed. I crawl onto her wide bed and sit beside her.

"I can't sleep," I say.

"And why is that?" Asks mom, scruffing her hair. 

It took me a moment to answer, "Ever since that spring gathering, I've been paranoid. I see Brad and hear him, it's like he is haunting me. Every night, I've woken up in sweat, barely remembering what had even caused me to sweat. I need help."

Mom rubs her eyes some, before turning to face me. "After school, I will take you to a therapist."

"Okay."

---

I usually just slip on some tights and a sweatshirt before walking outside where Allysa is waiting for me. So when I stepped outside this morning, I wasn't expecting Evan in his mustang waiting for me.

"I should have visited, make sure you were alright." Sighs Evan, shaking his head as if he was disappointed in himself. "It's just that, I was shaken up too...you know?"

"It's okay." I stare into his eyes, trying to show him a lie of 'okayness'. He shakes head some more like he could see my lie.

He looks at me, with pleading eyes, "Can I make it up to you? Like taking you out for dinner?"

I sigh, "Sure, if that makes you sleep at night."

"This is going to make me sleep soundly like a baby tonight." Chuckles Evan and he drives off.

It really wasn't long until we arrived at school. I only lived 20 minutes away. Well, the same couldn't be said for Evan. He lives an hour away from the school.

I thanked Evan before walking off to my first period, which was math. I slid in my usual math seat and waited for the rest of the students to arrive. Addison arrived last, which wasn't unusual. She smiled and waved at me before sitting.

I looked on her desk, and sure enough, that yellow pencil was laying on her desk. I smiled to myself, some silly story.

After math, I had a few more boring classes. And believe me, when I say chemistry and health are boring. When lunch came around, I had a headache.

"Hey, Ella!" Called Addison from her table as I walked into the food court. She waved me over with a humongous grin on her face. I scanned her table as I approached her. There was Evan, Addison, Claire, and Jack. I only knew their first names.

Evan noticed I was approaching and patted on the seat beside him. Once I sat down, I was immediately interviewed. "How do you know the twins?" Asked Claire as she flicked her blonde hair to the side.

"Ummm.....I ran into Addison on Easter and I met Evan at a party." I shrugged, focusing in on my lunchbox.

"Is this true?" Jack asks Evan, in which he nods in response.

"Don't be bothered by them." Laughs Addison and tosses a grape at Jack which hits him in the chest. Jack frowns and turns his body away with his arms crossed as he tried to preform a sassy act. This only leads to a fit of laughter from everyone, except for me.

"Ummmm..." I pause, thinking of a good reason to leave this awkward table. "I am just going to join Allysa, I think I promised her I'd sit with her," I say, sliding out of my seat.

"Yeah, I will escort her," Evan says, sliding up from his seat as well. No one notices that we slipped outside and onto the courtyard.

I lean on the brick exterior of the building, waiting for Evan to say something. He was pacing back and forth, thinking untold things. I took a deep breath, hoping the crisp morning air would clear my brain.

"What was I thinking..." Mutters Evan, his hands ontop of his head.

"Are you okay?" I question, wondering whether he heard me or not.

"No.....yes?" Evan stops in his tracks, his green eyes piecing mine.

"What's bothering you?" I pry, wanting in on his thoughts inside his head.

"Just feelings." He walks over and leans his back on the brick beside me.

"I think I have feelings for you." Sighs Evan, being the bluntest person ever at that moment. I chuckled at the thought.

"Let's just be friends, just until you get your mind made up." I smile, nudging him a little.

"Okay, okay," Evan responds, sounding more confident than usual. "I will make you fall for me if my feelings are true."

"Don't make promises you can't keep." I giggle and sprint off to the parking lot where I would be spending the rest of my time until mom picks me up.