11-Decisons

Price of Love

Ella-

Ever since I met Evan, I've had bed sweats every night, three black outs, and a seizure. But it wasn't because of Evan, it was because of the trauma I had experienced almost two years ago. Though none of this information makes sense, I've come to realize that it possibly is just an awful coincidence.

I've been staying at the hospital for two weeks now, and I only get to leave once I make a decision whether I want to have surgery or not. During this time, I haven't heard from Allysa nor Gaby. Instead, Addison, Evan, mom, Miss Stevens, Claire, and Jack have visited me every day and stayed with me for about 6 hours every day. They even missed school for me.

So when I see my familiar pink haired friend, I feel anger.

"Hey!" Allysa announces her presence as she closes the door behind her. A smile is across her face, and she looks like the happiest person in the room. I couldn't help but glare at her.

Allysa looks around the room, barely noticing my existence.

Once she finishes, "Rumor has it that you and Evan are together."

"Oh really?" I snicker, not sure where my attitude came from. Allysa seems not to notice my change in attitude and carries on look about the room.

"Wait. Is that Addison's?" Allysa points to Addison's red purse that she carries around everywhere.

"Yeah, why?" Smiling to myself, knowing how much Allysa hates Addison.

"Ugh, I hate her." Complains Allysa, plopping down onto one of the chairs. And as if she changed her mindset, "Gaby broke up with me yesterday."

"I wonder why," I mutter, getting annoyed.

"She says I am a horrible friend to you an even more, heartless person than Donald Trump!" She starts to wail. I look at her, wondering why in the world she came. It certainly wasn't because she wanted to see how I was.

As if she changed emotions, "So I got us tickets to a concert!"

"What concert?" I ask, trying to see if I can remember any recent announcements or ticket giveaways.

"Oh, it's an Ariana Grande concert, this Friday." She smiles, clearly excited about it. I shrug, I don't really have a care in the world for her.

"And I was going to bring Gaby, but then I realized that you have never been to a concert so, you should go." Allysa rambles on about unknown topics, I zoned out for most of it.

At this moment, I disliked Allysa highly.

"Go," I say firmly, interrupting whatever Allysa was going in about.

"What, why?" Allysa wonders flabbergasted.

"Because I have cancer and your annoying voice is possibly making my tumor grow 3x faster at this point," I say crossly, watching her look more and more pitiful.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry." Allysa looks down at her shoes once she stands up, seeming like she finally got smacked back into reality.

Allysa looks at me before she leaves the room, "Please forgive me."

--

Mom had brought in donuts, and I was busy licking off the icing as the doctor comes in.

"Any decisions yet?" He asks, strutting into the room like a peacock. Mom looks at me while finishing up her donut, probably wondering the same thing too. I look at the picture of Brad and me on the table beside me, smiling to myself.

"Ahem." The doctor clears his throat.

I sheepishly smile before answering, "I've decided that I want to have surgery."

"Alright, well, Miss Rose, follow me to the front desk in which we will schedule her surgery." The doctor responds before turning to me, "a fellow nurse will bring you your things and then she will escort you to the front desk so you can get discharged."

"Thanks." I smile and watch the door close behind them.

Shortly later, a stubby nurse comes in with a bag. She places it on a visitor chair and then starts to take out all my chords and tubes. The nurse then helps me onto my feet, but I don't recover from dizziness as fast as I did with Evan.

The nurse helps me get dressed, but if I were thinking straight, I would be disturbed. It felt good to be in black leggings, gray converses, and a comfy hoodie.

I follow the nurse to the front desk and watched mom fill out the discharge papers. Mom forces me to thank the staff members, in which I do, but I couldn't help feel the need not to. Like they would be the reason why I would get paralyzed or memory loss. So why would I think them for that?

A chilly breeze hits me as I follow mom out to the car. It felt nice and uncomfortable at the same time. Nice because I get to breath fresh air, and uncomfortable because it's a bit cold.

Suddenly, I see Evan leaned up against our car as we near. He smiles at me, leaving my heart to flutter. I grin back, wanting to run into his arms. Unfortunately, I am too stiff.

"Good afternoon Miss Rose," Evan says to my mom, mom chuckles and shakes her head before climbing into the car.

I walk up to Evan, closing him into a tight hug, savoring the warmth.

"I will see you tomorrow at school." He whispers, letting me go. Before he slips away, I press my lips lightly onto his cheek.

A playful glint is shown in his eyes as he jogs backward to his car.

"See you tomorrow!" I call as I climb into the car.

Once mom starts the engine, she suggests, "Why don't we have a movie night?"

"Reservations?" I offer, knowing she will agree. 

Mom smiles and nods before driving off.

A/N: The actual movie is called No Reservations by the way! Check it out, you won't regret it!

Stay Pricey~K