16-Home

The Price Of Love

Ella-

"I missed you so much!" Screams my mom, dressed in a pair of shorts and tank-top. She runs to me and envelopes me in a hug. I squeeze her and take in the familiar scent of home.

I hear Evan's voice and my eyes follow to where I saw him reunite with his parents, Addison hugging her dad and Evan hugging his mom. I look away, feeling the need to cry. My heart was aching, and I couldn't fathom why.

I release mom and follow her to the car, ready to finally go home and watch some movies. After all, my surgery is in a few days.

Mom drives off, asking me about the trip. I say, "it was good, Addison and Allysa made up. Actually, they are together."

"Oh, that's sweet. Who knew enemies could love each other?" Mom smiles at the road.

"My thoughts exactly," I mumble and watch as the scenery from the airport changes to the streets of downtown. Mom parallel parks behind a car of our neighbors, and I follow her into our decent looking apartment.

Mom says as she shuts the front door behind us, "want us to order pizza as you pick out a few movies?"

"Yeah," I sigh and we part our different ways. I run up the stairs to my room and grab Romeo and Juliet. Knowing that mom will probably be taking a shower as she usually does before a movie (she wants to be wide awake), I text Allysa and Addison.

Ella: Who's up for a party Thursday night?

Allysa: hell yeah!!!!!!!!!1

Addison: A going away party? That seems a bit depressing don't you think?

Ella: Think about it as though you are wishing me luck for my surgery.

Allysa: yeah, it's not a goodbye party, I can make sure of that :)

Addison: If you say so.

Ella: So, we are on?

Allysa: my place, I bring the strangers, and you two just join me at the best party of our lives.

Addison: works for me!

Ella: Sure...I guess...

I shut off my phone and toss it on my bed before heading back downstairs. I slide in the disk and settle on the red leather couch, wrapping myself in a blanket. I hear my mom's loud footsteps on the stairs so I assume she is ready to watch.

I hear the door bell ring and mom shouting, "I'll get it!"

I crane my neck back to see who was at the door, a part of me was hoping it was Evan. But why? He's been nothing but a waste of thoughts. It's not like I loved him, right? My mom's voice slices through my thoughts, "want to eat pizza now or later?"

"During!" I answer and the mouth-watering scent flies through my nose as she carries the box of pizza over to the couch. She places it onto the coffee table and with the remote, she hits play.

I wasn't into the movie, for Evan occupied my thoughts. I couldn't put him aside, I had this some sort of pull towards him. Maybe because he made me happy, or reminded me of what love feels like. I couldn't understand how he could just abandon me, but maybe, he was trying to get help? Yeah, that sounds pretty good.

Maybe I should text him, ask him about what had happened, but what if I don't like what he has to say? I shake those 'what ifs' away.

I reluctantly get up and walk up to my room, chuckling at the thought that mom has yet to notice my disappearance. I plop on my bed and grab my phone, and I send a message to Evan.

Ella: Hi...

Evan: What do you want

Ella: Answers.

Evan: Don't we all

Ella: That's not funny Evan, I really do need these answers.

Ella: What happened on the Eiffel Tower?

Evan: Get lost.

Evan: *leaves*

Ella: Great, a chat room to myself.

Ella: *adds Evan in*

Evan: Go to hell

I throw my phone to the wall and hear it clatter to the ground. I slam my head into my palms and let out a sigh. "This is what I get it seems when I push someone away."

Suddenly, I hear a beep. I retrieve my phone again, checking to see that it is Evan. I see his message and feel some hope of getting answers.

Evan: I'm sorry, it's just I've hurt you way too many times. I'm not strong enough to support you. It's too hard.

I feel my hands start to shake, what in world is he talking about?

Evan: I know you are reading this so, I ought to say it. The reason you hardly ever see me in school and why we never really hang outside of school is because I do community service.

Evan: I was in jail for two years.

I hesitantly text him back.

Ella: For what? What did you do Evan?

Evan: I did really stupid stuff when I was younger, friends with a lot of bad people.

Evan: There was this dumb bet, junior year, to steal an expensive item from someone. At the time, I didn't know it'd get that bad. I thought my friends, who were seniors, could be trusted since they've been doing stupid things like this for years.

Ella: WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME?!

Evan: I heard you are having a party

Ella: Stop avoiding!

Evan: Go to the party, I'll be there an hour later to pick you up. I need to show you something.

Evan: *leaves*

"Honey?" I look up and see mom standing in the doorway. She is biting her lip, which leads me to think that she might be nervous. Of what?

"Yes, mom," I answer, our eyes locked in an uneasy stare.

"Are you okay, anything going on that I should worry about?" Mom questions. I give her an uneasy smile and lie, "just Allysa informing me about the party she is having the night before my surgery to wish me good luck."

"Aw, that's sweet." Mom uneasily smiles back and says before leaving, "Well, you can go if you'd like, but you must come down and eat dinner first before you start getting all excited about it."

Actually, mom, I'm not even close to excited. I'm quite scared, to be frank.

A/N: What do you think as of yet? I am so hyped for the ending of this story!

Stay Pricey-K