17-Addison's Advice

Price Of Love

Ella-

"You've missed a lot of work," Addison observes as she takes half of my papers that I must do in order to get caught up. It is 6:30 in the morning, an hour before school begins, and I am on my way to my math class to pick up the last of my assignments. I decided to go before school starts so that no one stares at my baldness, plus, I get to wear a hat since school has yet to commence.

The halls are pretty much empty, except for a few teachers here and there. The red lockers look the same, some dented and others duller that usual. The tiled floors look tainted, which probably is of blood, urine, or anything else that comes out of a human.

I have Addison follow me to my locker and she helps me slip all my assignments into my backpack.

"Oh," Addison says as I watch her reach into her back pocket and pull out her lucky pencil. "Here."

I hesitantly take it and give her a bone-crushing hug. "Thanks."

I sling my backpack onto my shoulder and follow her out the door and to her vehicle. I climb inside and get comfortable in the passenger seat.

Once we are on the road, Addison says out of the blue, "I didn't think I'd be gay."

"Wait, what?" I try to control myself from laughing, that is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. I watch as Addison adjusts herself in her seat, sitting up straighter than the norm.

She replies, "I didn't think Allysa liked me that way either. I thought she wanted me to be hung or something like that."

"Why are we talking about this now?" I inquire, I see Addison shrug and glance at the mirror a few times before falling silent.

After a few good 10 minutes, she suggests, "we should go shopping for party outfits? Y'know? Like the best time of our lives! One moment to cherish forever. I'll pay."

"Really? When?" I am now suddenly interested. She offered to pay, so, why not? Besides, I think I really need to upgrade my wardrobe a bit. Addison then goes on about Addison and her again, which is pretty sweet. Though, I am very tempted into asking her about Evan.

"And we are here!" Cries Addison and she parks the vehicle behind my mom's car. I giggle at Addison's bubbliness.

"You better have some food, maybe grilled cheese again?" I hear Addison as she follows me into my apartment. A cheesy aroma fills the air and I knew that mom was cooking grilled cheese.

"I am psychic!" Cheers Addison. I shake my head and lay down my purse on the coffee table as I greet mom in the kitchen. I assume Addison is chilling on the couch, making herself comfortable.

"Would you like some Cheetos as you wait?" I ask Addison from the kitchen.

"Yeah!" She answers, from afar.

--

"Ah, I love this store!" Squeals Allysa as she tugs Addison and I into Fashion Queens. The store is mostly pink with racks upon racks of dresses. We separate and scout out the racks. I find myself drawn to a short and glittery strapless dress. It is a neon purple and has a belt placed around the mid area.

I take it and try it on in the dressing room. It feels a bit snug, but it'll work. I strut out of the room and show it off to Allysa and Addison. Allysa, wearing a neon green version of my outfit, nods with approval. Addison, wearing a neon yellow version of my outfit, squeals with excitement. I smile and change back into my sweats.

We did jewelry and shoe shopping before stopping at the food court. We order fries and take a seat in the booth. Addison and Allysa giggle amongst each other as I keep quiet. Evan is troubling me.

"What's wrong? You are quiet," Addison asks, I look up from the table I was studying and shrug. Allysa gives me a tell-me-later look before her phone blares up. I watch as Allysa picks up her phone and says, "hello?"

Addison tells me about her new cat so that we don't eavesdrop on Allysa's conversation. Allysa's voice makes us fall silent, "Sorry, but my friend Chelsea needs me at the moment, I'll text you two later."

I watch as Allysa pecks Addison on the cheek before sliding out of her seat. Addison gestures towards Allysa's fries, but I push them to her. She eagerly hoards them down along with mine.

When she finishes, "so, what's bothering you?"

"Evan. He has something to tell me, but I don't think I can handle it. He's hurt me so many times, and I don't think I can be hurt again." I blurt out, feeling better without the pressure on my chest.

"You love him?" She asks.

"Yes." I admit.

"Then you should hear what he has to say. I've been begging him to tell you, ever since I found out about Brad being your boyfriend, and he finally has the guts to do so. You won't like the truth, not one bit, but if you accept what he's done then and focus what he's done now, then you should be able to handle it, all of it." Addison offers me a small smile and she rubs my shoulder reassuringly. "If it's meant to be, it'll be there."

A/N:

So, super close to the end! Ahhhh it's going to be fantastic! I love endings! Especially this one! (Yes all prewritten DEAL WITH IT).

Stay Pricey-K