3-Tips Break

The Price Of Love

Ella-

In elementary school, I went through 2 pencils a year. In middle school, I went through 6 pencils a year. Now, in high school, I have gone through 42 pencils and counting. And this outrageous number isn't because fellow classmates snatch them or I lose them, it's because my pencil tips break. Though, when they break, I replace them with another snazzy looking pencil and move on with my life.

That was until I had no pencil to replace it with.

I sat there, in math class, analyzing my math problem over and over again. I would have loved to have the pleasure of solving it, but I had no other pencil. I looked around at the other students and watched in wonder how quiet and peacefully they all were.

Then a green pair of eyes met mine. Addison. She had one arched eyebrow as she stared intently at my situation. I mouthed to her, 'No pencil'.

As if she understood it, she has her pencil passed back down the row. Student to student. When it finally got to me, I mouthed, 'Thank you' and then solved the math problem.

Once math class ended, I hurried out the door and went straight to my locker like usual. My locker combination was possibly the easiest to remember, 08-08-08. I guess I was dealt with some lucky cards.

"Excuse me, um, can I have my lucky pencil back?" A familiar voice sounds behind me. I turn around and see Addison looking at me with puppy dog eyes. I almost forget for a moment whether or not she was speaking to me.

"Lucky pencil?" I ask, fingering the rough texture of her sparkly yellow pencil. She nods, and points to my hand which held her pencil.

"That one," Addison says.

I hand her the pencil and expected her to leave with it, but she just stayed there. As if she was waiting for me. Was she?

"My mother owns a pencil factory, and the one color they don't make is yellow." She pauses. "That was until a new guy came along, and made a yellow pencil by accident. Of course, he was fired, but my mother gave me the pencil in my stocking the following Christmas."

When I didn't speak, she rushes, "Of course that is a dumb story, and this here is a stupid pencil." She gestures to the pencil before hiding it behind her back.

I shake my head, it was not a stupid story. I held my tongue, though, hoping she would move along and let me get to my algebra class.

"I..um...need to go...nice story by the way...I like it...adds some character to such a simple object..." I mumble and step aside from her with the books I need for algebra.

---

Allysa: I am sooooooooooooo srry. That was sooooo rude of me say such a thing. I 4got bout brad. srry

Ella: No worries. You just hit a nerve, that's all. Though, for my sake, please don't say such things. You know how badly I wanted Brad to be my first kiss.

Allysa: I know. Did u visit his grave n plant doze lilacs?

Ella: Yes. Um. Meet me outside in 2 minutes.

Allysa: Sure.

I found Allysa straight away. It was hard to miss her with pink neon colored hair and bedazzled school uniform.  Allysa was really tall so she usually wore her bedazzled flats. She really is into bedazzling.

"Allysa!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, trying to get her occupied attention. I was only Allysa's childhood friend, so, of course, Allysa had other friends that she could get into trouble with. I was mostly a good-girl and an average student. I had no care for the high-school experience. Allysa, on the other hand, was the straight A student and a teacher pet who had a bunch of friends. She also craved the highschool experience, which is why she lost one thing that most girls treasure in freshman year.

Allysa soon spots me and jogs over to me, her hair bouncing as she moves. She envelopes me into a bone crushing hug and a strawberry scent travels up my nose. Strawberry smelling hair always reminds me of Wendy's summer salads.

"I am having a party at my place tonight, want to come?" Allysa asks, as soon as she lets go of me. I shrug and untwist my backpack strap. I never came to Allysa's parties before, but that was always because I wasn't too fond of what goes on at parties.

Allysa tries giving me a puppy face look, but she doesn't quite pull it off.

I sigh and say, "I will ask my mom."

"Yes!!" Squeals Allysa and she hugs me once again, not as tight.

"Will Gaby be there?" I ask Allysa, though I already knew the answer. Why wouldn't she invite her own girlfriend to her party?

"Yep! And geeky Tony, sexy Lauren, idiotic Walter, innocent Samuel, stubby Zach, delicious Yin, annoying Quin, new kid Xavier, angelic Josh, beautiful Kelly...." Allysa rambles on and stops to only take a breath.

I cut her off before I get a headache, "Will Addison be there?"

"Yes, sneaky backstabbing bitchy Addison will be there." Frowns Allysa.

A/N: I take French in my school so the Parris terrorist attacks make me quite discomforted. I do hope that everything will settle again, so there won't be a War World 3. Not saying it will happen, but that's what the terrorists want.

Nonetheless, I hope you all have a nice week/weekend!

Stay Pricey~ K