14-A Day To Forget

Price Of Love

Ella~

Our view from our hotel is a brick wall to a bakery that we are currently at for breakfast. I wanted to take the marshmallows from my hot cocoa and slam them in my ears due to Addison's and Allysa's bickering.

"Would you two not argue first thing in the morning," mutters Evan as he massages his temple. Addison and Allysa carry on, despite his wishes.

"We should definitely go to the Eiffel Tower first!" Addison argues.

"No! We must visit the Mona Lisa!" Allysa argues back. Addison rolls her eyes and mimics, "we should visit Mona Lisa."

"Argh!" Allysa lets out an irritated growl, "I can't believe I even liked you in the first place!"

Everyone fell silent. Addison slipped out of her chair and ran out the door. I could hear the door slam shut behind her. Allysa's chair squeaks as she slides out too and follows Addison.

Evan and I sit there in an awkward silence.

What just happened?

--

Addison and Allysa have yet to return. Meanwhile, Evan and I are about to tour the Eiffel Tower. It's a bit chilly out, so Evan gave me his coat.

"Wow, it's bigger than I thought," I say breathlessly. Evan chuckles and starts up the stairs. I slowly follow him, making sure I don't trip on the metal stairs.

In a few moments, we reach the first platform.

I stare out at the breathtaking view. Surprisingly, I could see our hotel from here. I look at Evan, to see if he was marveling the view. Instead, he was staring at me.

"I have a great view," Evan murmurs and he takes a step towards me. I slowly back away, but my bottom hits the railing.

"Um," I nervously say, "I know that you like me and I like you, but I am just trying to enjoy myself without any of the drama."

"In the city of love? Good luck," chuckles Evan and he makes his way to the next flights of stairs. I hesitantly follow him up to the third platform. We skipped the second platform because of how much tourism there was.

The wind got, even more, chillier as we neared the final platform of the Eiffel Tower. This time, I think I could see the ocean. "Wow," I say, speechless.

"Wow indeed," Evan says, this time he is actually looking at the view. We stand there, side by side, taking in the sweet view. I take a deep breath and turn to Evan. Now I knew, now I was confident, that I wanted us.

"Evan," I say, now getting his attention. His green eyes move to me and his body shifts closer. I take another deep breath as my palm begins to get sweaty, "I want-"

My mouth hangs open as I slam my hand to it, he was melting! I blink again, trying to see if I was imagining things. I felt myself moving backward and I felt the ground move above me.

My bottom becomes sore, but I keep on staring at Evan. As if he was a candle on fire, his features drooped until they were to the ground. I begin to feel myself shake, but I couldn't stop staring at the puddle that used to be a standing Evan.

What had happened?!

My chest starts to burn and I can no longer breath. My eyes start to feel heavy, but I fight to keep them open. This can't be real, it just can't!

"Hey, darling," A voice I never wanted to hear again say. My eyes wander to the eyes of the standing figure in front of me. His black hair matched mine and he had the same brown eyes as I had. It was my dad.

I look away, realizing I was still sitting on the last platform of the Eiffel Tower. Dad says, "I am glad you kept our little secret. Mommy would hate to find out that I cheated on her."

I squeeze my eyes shut and slam my hands to my ears.

"You aren't real!" I cry and I feel hot tears begin to stream down my cheeks.

I could still hear that voice, "Yes I am sugar plum. It's sad that you don't miss me as much as your mommy does. But I understand, I am a douche."

"Go!" I scream, my lungs burning.

"You have a brother, by the way, his name is Oden," says Dad.

"Shut. Up." I respond, gritting my teeth. I roll onto my stomach, burying my head into my arms. I couldn't take it anymore. I just couldn't.

--

My eyes flickered open, and my bottom was still sore. I slowly sit up, wondering if I dreamed my dad was there.

I noticed it was dark out and that I was the only one on the glowing Eiffel Tower. I slowly got up and began to look around for Evan.

I clutched onto the railing, feeling that it was harder to move than before.

What had happened?

One moment I was about to say something to Evan, which I forget, and the next moment I saw Evan melting into a puddle and I am speaking to my dad!

Oh. No.

The realization hit me like a wrecking ball.

I had yet another black-out.

A/N:

Hey guys, how's it going? I am super sad that the ending is drawing near,...

DUH DUN DUN!!!

Stay Pricey~K