8-Shrinks

Price Of Love

Ella~

I used to watch this television show, it was called Bones. The scientists were referred to as shrinks, as did the one psychologist. Now, therapists aren't as talented as a professional psychologist so I wouldn't consider them shrinks. But if I can be cured, then Mrs. White will definitely earn the name of Shrink.

"Miss Rose, may I speak to your daughter in my headquarters?" Asks a perky brunette that had a name tag that said, 'Mrs. White'. I exchange a few looks with mom before she nodded and let me follow the therapist into her office.

It is a typical office, just with the cluster of kid toys and board games. The room seems more for pre-schoolers than any other age group. Maybe the childish vibe is just in my head, but unless she acts professional, she will never reach the level of the Shrink.

"When did Brad die?" She asks, catching me off guard as I sit on a yellow bean-bag. Mrs. White seemed to not notice my uncomfortableness unless she is insensitive. Why did I agree to a therapist in the first place?

I keep quiet, silently hoping she would just move on, but she didn't.

"How did he die?" The therapist continues on.

"Ummm.....I am not comfortable-" she cuts me off. "Answer the question."

"He died on December 12th, 2014." I then add quietly, "He was on life support."

"Tell me more." Mrs. White pries.

I take a much needed deep breath, "I was walking beside him, in the alley way. We thought that it was a short cut to my apartment. Suddenly, a-a guy jumped out of the shadows with a-a gun....and he took my grandmother's necklace off my chest. Brad he-he couldn't let it go. So he.....chased after him. I couldn't keep up, but-but I heard a loud bang. So I sprinted and-and there was Br-rad." Tears streamed down my cheek as I relived the moment all over again. My breathing quickens and there is the same tightness in my chest I had felt that day.

'Are you sure this is a shortcut?' I asked Brad, sounding a bit anxious. He pulls me in closer to his side, rubbing my shoulder for reassurance. It was getting darker in the alley-way unless it just me. I hear footsteps, and then a clash, then silence. My chest tightens. Something isn't right.

I stand on the tips of my toes to whisper in Brad's ear, 'I have a bad feeling.'

He looks at me, a concerned look growing. He then looks forward, stopping in his tracks. Maybe he heard those sounds too?

Suddenly, a figure creeps out of the shadows with a pistol. Aimed at me. I couldn't tell who it was, for he had a mask. But he surely didn't look like someone that handles conversations well. "Give me that necklace pretty lady."

"But-but.....it's my grandmother's!" I cry, reluctant to give it away. My grandma and my mom were the closest I had to call a family. This was her necklace she wore all the time...

"Give it up, or I will shoot both of you." The guy said, raising the gun at Brad. Brad shakes his head, telling me not to give it away. As if the guy predicted my idea, he pulled back the clip and aimed at Brad. My eyes widened, and then I tossed the necklace at the guy.

The guy runs away as soon as my necklace is caught in his hands. I let out the breath I had been holding as I watch the guy run off with the necklace.

"Maybe we-" My voice gets caught in my throat as I watch Brad take off after him. I run after him, but since he is on the football team; he is much faster. I lose him around the corner, and I think about calling after him.

I was a street behind, and I was already losing hope in catching up to Brad. My heart was racing as I pushed myself further. I ended up tripping.

A burning sensation runs up my body, and I feel numb all over.

'Bang' 'bang'

"Brad!"I cry out in agony. "Brad!'

I start to feel myself shake violently. I felt like I was on a roller coaster, nauseous and tossed around like a rag doll. "Braaaaaaaaaad!" I scream, feeling pain in my chest.

Then I hear a familiar sound, 'bang' 'bang'.

"We are losing her!"

A/N: Guys, I just reconnected with a childhood friend of mine, and it is so weird. I thought she forgot about me, but like how could she if I never forgot about her? I just hope I am not bothering her. 

Anyways, I just feel like posting another chapter because, well, I feel like it. I don't really have a schedule when I update...so bare with me! 

I thank you all for voting, commenting, and reading! If I do miss a comment, I apologize, my notifications don't really notify me...like...at all. 

Stay Pricey~ K