5-A Panicking Date

Price Of Love

Ella-

A burning sensation took place in my chest and my breathing pace quickened. I stood still, frozen. It felt as the world was spinning around me. I could faintly see Brad, looking at me with concerned eyes. Those eyes, those blue eyes.

"Hey, you okay?" I heard Brad's voice ask. "Do you remember your name, what year it is, anything?!"

"Ella Rose, 2014, I am your girlfriend," I respond, barely hearing my own voice.

"I am flattered, but we aren't dating. Also, it's 2015." I hear his voice again.

I stand there, confused. Brad didn't break-up with me. He loved me. Did he not?

I heard one last thing before my reality went black, "Ella!"

---

My eyes fluttered open and I was met with Evan staring down at me. My head throbbed with pain, and I couldn't move anything. It was as if I was paralyzed.

"Do you know your name?" Evan questions, staring at me with intense concern. I studied him for a moment or two, trying to remember what had happened.

Then I answer, "My name is Ella Mary Rose."

Evan's face floods with relief, but he asks another question. "What year is it?"

"2015," I answer, feeling confident.

"Okay, are you dating me?" He blurts. I stare at him, wondering why he would say such a thing. "No," I confirmed.

He nods, and hands me a bag of ice. I drop it on my forehead, feeling the intense cold. He watches me relax on the pavement for a few minutes before longingly glancing at the restaurant we were in front of.

"What happened?" I question him after a couple of minutes of an uncomfortable silence. He adjusts himself on the pavement, so he was laying down beside me.

"I was opening the door for you and you stared at me. Your breathing quickened and you were clutching your chest as you stared at me. I don't know what was going on in that little mind of yours, but you thought it was 2014 and that I was your boyfriend...you then blacked out.." Evan explains in a soft voice as if he was afraid I would black out again. He then adds in a guilty voice, "I did try to catch you, but your hand slipped out of my grasp."

I didn't respond, I just didn't know how.

"Um, has this happened before?" He asks.

It takes me a moment to answer, "No."

"Should I take you to get medical attention, or at least grab another bag of ice from the restaurant?" Questions Evan.

I sigh before closing my eyes and taking a bit to answer.

"Could we just lay here for a while?"

Evan doesn't respond nor gets up, so I take that as a 'yes'. I close my eyes, trying to figure out why I blacked out. The only clues that mean anything are; girlfriend and 2014.

The one thing that makes sense is that I was Brad's girlfriend in 2014. But what does that have anything to do with Evan? Unless.....I thought Evan was Brad. Even if I did think that, it would be highly unlikely. Evan doesn't have a scar nor looks anything like Brad. So how can that be?

I yawned, feeling exhausted from today. I feel Evan moving beside me and then it was as if he wasn't beside me at all. I felt alone, which probably is true.

It seemed that time was slow tonight, for it was long until I heard Evan's voice. That familiar warm tone. Soft and warm, like a bunny. "Ella, are you awake?"

I groaned, not really caring about getting home to my mother. Maybe if I slept long enough, he would leave me to sleep in peace. I doubt it. He doesn't seem to be a type of person that leaves girls in parking lots, with a head injury.

I then feel strong arms, slipping underneath my body and then being lifted upwards. I could tell he was carrying me. I opened my eyes a bit, hoping that Evan would look different under the star light. Like more majestic. But he was the same, Evan.

Humph, that's new.

A/N: Hey there! I won't be updating more until after Christmas. I may just update once more if I get more reads and votes or something along those lines.

Stay Pricey~K