Mewtwo Returns

When I woke up the next morning, I found the Dark Phoenix outfit folded up and placed on a table next to the couch. I slipped it on and walked out to the garden. I walked around, looking for Letta. Before long, my Raichu caught up and greeted me.

"Good morning, Raichu!" I tipped my hat at my Mouse Pokémon, "Have you seen Letta anywhere?"

Raichu gave me a grunt and a nod as it scurried off and led me across the garden to where Letta was feeding some Nidoran.

"Morning," I smiled at her, "Sleep well?"

"Yeah, actually," she looked up and smiled at me, "I slept better than I do most nights. I think it might be because you're here, and I'm not stressing out about whether or not you're okay anymore."

"Yeah," I said nonchalantly as I heard my Gengar snickering in the background, "I'm sure that's it."

"Hey, I'm kinda running late. Could you finish feeding these Nidoran while I clean out their pen?"

"Yeah, sure. No problem."

She kissed me and handed me the bucket. As she ran off, I reached into the bucket to grab a handful of grain, but then I froze. I sensed something. It was a presence I had not felt since my first day in the world of Pokémon. After a long moment of pondering, I finally recognized it as Mewtwo's aura.

I looked toward the sky, and sure enough, a shimmer of blue light was growing closer and closer to the homestead until finally, the Genetic Pokémon came into clear view. It flew toward me, stopped in midair, and slowly lowered to the ground.

"Hey, Mewtwo!" I smiled, "I'm sorry to tell you, you're a little late to the party, my friend. I found Letta!"

How nice for you, Mewtwo coldly replied, I suspected you would without my help. But that is not my concern at the moment. I wish to challenge you to a battle.

"Sorry, man," I shrugged, "I would've taken that challenge yesterday, but I finally found Letta. I'm taking a bit of a vacation for a while. My team's earned it, and quite honestly, I'm sick of the tension it causes."

Fool. There are no vacations for a Pokémon trainer. Especially not a Master like yourself. There are challenges around every corner, and it is your responsibility, your obligation, to accept them and win.

"Look, I'm happy right now. I found my girlfriend, and everything's as normal as it can be around here, and I'll take that any day. You're not about to start stressing me out again."

We'll see about that. Mewtwo flew off, charging towards Letta. My eyes widened and my teeth gritted as I watched Mewtwo pick Letta up and rise into the air.

"Dragonite!" I roared. Dragonite flew to me instantly, but as I tried to mount him, Mewtwo blasted a Shadow Ball at me then followed up with an attack I had never seen before: Psycho Cut. The blade sliced at me and tore my Dark Phoenix attire apart.

If you wish to retrieve her, Mewtwo glared at me with great hostility, meet me at the summit of the island's plateau in precisely one hour.

I tried to say something, but he barrelled away before I had the chance. I was furious out of my mind. I had finally found Letta, and not twenty-four hours later, a psychotic Pokémon was trying to take her from me again. I wanted to go after Mewtwo that very instant, but I knew better. To ensure Letta's safety, I had to play by Mewtwo's rules. That being acknowledged, I stormed inside.