The Events of Cinnabar: Part 4

As the storm subsided, I saw Kylie sitting across the battlefield, sulking, hands clasped together in front of her. To my right, Robin was giving me a horrified look.

"Brian," he said to me, almost in a whisper, "You've turned into a monster."

I turned my head slowly to look at Robin and responded, "Well, I suppose it takes one to know one. Wouldn't it, Robin?"

"No. I'm nothing like you. This isn't the end. I won't forget this, Brian. If you really want me as your enemy, then you've got it! You'll look back on this day and wish it never happened."

"Sound familiar?"

He stopped for a moment, and regained himself, "I'm not going to stand here and let you tell me this is my fault. I'm out of here. Let's go, Kylie."

Kylie got up and followed Robin as he walked away furiously. Then he turned around and glared at me, saying, "When we meet again, I will not hold back. I will crush you into the dust with every ounce of power I have. I'm pissed at you now, Brian."

After Robin left, I looked around at my team and remembered something: Charizard was gone. It had rebelled against me during my battle with Kylie.

I scanned the area, trying to catch a glimpse of my rogue Pokémon, "Where is Charizard?" The rest of my team shrugged as I began to look around more frantically, "Where the hell is my Charizard?"

I searched high and low for my Flame Pokémon throughout the island and became more and more frenzied with every step I took.

FInally, I realized that there was one spot on Cinnabar Island that I had not checked: the Pokémon Mansion.

I bolted to the mansion, hoping desperately that I would find my Charizard there. I looked in every nook and cranny as I walked. I climbed stairs and fell through holes, moving from floor to floor, trusting that I would succeed in finding my Pokémon.

Finally, after taking a hard fall down two floors, I found it. It sat in the corner of a dark room, the only light coming from its flaming tail.

"Charizard!" I called out to it. It looked up at me, and with little remorse got up, flailed its wings, and took off, flying right past me and up the two floors that I had just fallen down.

I was really getting sick of the chase, so I sent out Dragonite and had it fly up the two floors. Charizard saw that I was following it, and tried to make a break for it again. This time, I got ahead of it. I sent out my whole team to blockade Charizard's path. They all seemed very hesitant and demotivated, being pitted against their teammate by force. I, on the other hand, had no intention of holding back. Charizard saw this and decided to level with me. It craned its neck down to make eye contact with me and planted its feet firmly on the ground.

We glared at each other for a good minute until I felt something hit me. A sudden white-hot sensation hit me from behind. I yelped, both in pain and in surprise that Charizard had not attacked me first. I spun around on my heel quickly to see who would dare try to attack me, and my face went pale when I got my answer.

Kira Fakir stood there with his Charizard, arms folded and head shaking disappointedly.