Kira

I figured there was no way I would be able to take out all these grunts, but at least I could try. I released Charmeleon and Pikachu from their Pokéballs. I was not going down without a fight.

"Pikachu," I commanded my Pokémon, "use Thundershock! Charmeleon, Ember!"

Contrary to the small flames and minor shock wave that I expected to see, a huge Thunder attack and an engulfing Flamethrower emerged from the cave. The two forces wiped out a vast majority of the Grunts and their Pokémon, while the remainders were blasted away by a Hydro Pump and Razor Leaf attack.

The one grunt that confronted me was the last one standing. He stared out in the darkness where the attacks were coming from.

"He--it can't be," his voice quivered as he slowly retreated., "Is he back?"

A trainer emerged from the shadows. He wore a red and white baseball cap that concealed most of his hair and provided an eerie shade over his eyes, a plain black t-shirt under a red and white coat, black pants, and red and white sneakers. He had an extremely stoic-like expression on his face, showing no signs of any kind of emotion, but there was a presence about him; a presence of power and greatness, and more than that, compassion. Behind him, emerged a Charizard, a Blastoise, a Venusaur, and a Pikachu that looked almost godly compared to mine. He gave the grunt a cold look as the grunt immediately got up and scrambled away.

"Who are you?" I asked in absolute and utter amazement.

The trainer walked up to me and locked his eyes with mine. It was as if he was reading me, hearing my every thought, listening to my heart that was pounding so hard that it was almost ready to jump out of my chest. He stared into my eyes for a good five minutes bofore he nodded at me, indicating me to follow him.

I quietly followed him. I was extremely afraid I might say something to annoy him, so I kept my mouth shut. We wandered along the cave for what seemed like hours on end. Every wild Pokémon we encountered was effortlessly knocked out by a single hit from one of the mystery trainer's Pokémon, and every trainer and grunt we encountered cowered at the sight of my escort.

Finally, we reached the oreface of the cave, he stepped outside to the outskirts of Cerulean City and waited for me to follow him out. He looked over at me, as if to tell me that his work was done.

"Thank you," I said, "Thank you for all you help."

At that moment, he showed his first sign of emotion. He gave me a light smirk and nodded at me. He then hopped on his Charizard, returned the rest of his Pokémon to their respective Pokéballs, and took off.

"Wow," a trainer out in the fields looked up in amazement, "You got an escort from him?"

"Yeah," I said, "If you don't mind me asking, who is that guy?"

"What!? He's only one of the greatest trainers to ever live! Everyone in the world of Pokémon knows his name!"

"Which is?"

"Kira Fakir."

"Ha! What kind of guy is named Kira?"

Just then a flame decended from the sky and scorched me in the rear end. I saw Kira's Charizard do a U-turn and return to its original course.

"Don't ever make fun of his name. It's one of the most feared names in the world."

One of the most feared names in the world? I thought, That's exactly where I plan to be. Keep doing what you're doing, Kira, because one day, I'm gonna give you a run for your money.