Koga

Janine stormed off in fury as I looked up at Koga, who was standing on a platform, watching over the battle. He gave a gesture of slight disdain as I spoke to him.

“Alright, then!” I stood erect, “I did what you said. I defeated your daughter. Now come down here and face me!”

Koga grunted to himself and finally spoke, “Very well.” He jumped from the elevated platform and landed on the battlefield. “But first, wouldn’t you like to heal your Pokémon?” He pointed at a machine with an open glass case on the left wall of the room, “Place your three Pokémon in that case, and they shall be healed.”

I wondered why Koga would let his challenger heal his Pokémon. Perhaps he wanted to make sure it was a fair match? I soon found out that this was not his intention. As I placed the three Pokéballs into the machine, the glass case snapped shut and sealed with no way to open it. I struggled to pry the case open but had no success.

“What the hell kind of sick game are you playing at?” I snapped a glare at Koga, “I’d like to know what’s going on in that demented, twisted head of yours!”

“It’s quite simple really,” Koga began to explain, “This is yet another challenge of the Fuchsia City Gym. You see, it would be past elementary for you to beat me in a battle where your Pokémon hold an advantage against mine as far as both strength and type matching. It would be foolish of me to allow you to use such Pokémon in a battle after seeing what you are capable of. My daughter uses similar Pokémon as I do, and knowing this, I can weed out the Pokémon that pose a greater threat to me. Call it unfair if you wish, but I do trust that this method will surely make this battle more interesting. So! It shall be a three-on-three battle with the Pokémon you did not use against Janine.”

“I only have two other Pokémon.”

“Well, that’s unfortunate. I’m afraid you’ll have to make do with the two you have.”

“Fine,” I growled lowly and sneered at Koga, “That’s all I’ll need anyway.”

“Then let’s begin,” Koga sent out Muk.

I had one of two options, so I decided to open with Dragonair. On my command, it used Twister on the Sludge Pokémon, and Muk became too disoriented to retaliate. Dragonair quickly followed up with Body Slam and Muk became paralyzed.

Muk tried to use Sludge Bomb, but Dragonair wrapped itself around the opponent and began squeezing tightly. Muk seemed to take a good bit of damage, but I soon noticed that Dragonair was taking damage, too. Muk had used Poison Gas. I had to finish this quickly before Dragonair fell out.

“Dragonair! Use Twister again!”

Dragonair blasted a spiral of wind at Muk and quickly unwound, sending Muk into a fit until it finally spun out and fainted.

Koga quickly sent out Weezing to keep the battle going. Dragonair wrapped itself around its opponent once again, and squeezed tightly, Weezing tried to fight back, but Dragonair quickly used Thunder Wave to paralyze it. Weezing was slowed down a lot and it had a hard time discharging an attack. Finally, Koga pulled the same tactic that Janine had earlier.

“Weezing, use Explosion!”

The Poison Gas Pokémon detonated itself into unconsciousness, only this time, it took my Pokémon with it. Koga and I each had one option left. Koga sent out his final Pokémon: Venomoth.

“You shouldn’t have taken my Dragonair out,” I said to Koga, rather darkly, “Now you’ve forced my hand at my strongest Pokémon.”

“Is that so?” Koga challenged me, “Well, let’s see it.”

Gyarados shot out of its Pokéball and lunged at Venomoth with a mighty roar. Venomoth tried to move out of the way, but Gyarados bit it by the wing. When it let go, Venomoth tried to fly away quickly, but Gyarados immediately shot an Ice Beam at it. Venomoth fell to the ground, frozen solid. Gyarados lifted its tail up and slammed it down as hard as naturally possible and gave another ear-splitting roar. It was safe to assume that Venomoth was out cold. Koga stood there, gaping, astounded at the viciousness of my Atrocious Pokémon.