The Events of Saffron: Part 2

Celso was infuriated out of his senses, and all of a sudden, I saw him press his finger to his ear. He stood there for a moment before finally falling to his knees and grumbling, "No. It can't be. It's not possible." Then he glared up at me again and pointed at me, "You! I won't forget this! You'll regret this terribly, I'll make sure of it!"

I only half heard what he said, because I heard footsteps walking behind me. I turned around, but I did not see anything. I stood there for a moment, waiting to see if I could find what had made the sound. Soon, I heard louder footsteps, closer to me. They came from behind me once again, the place where I had left Celso. The steps were moving faster, and I turned around to see Celso running toward me, frantically, with a dagger in his hand. I tried to reach for a Pokéball, but it was too late. Celso was only a few feet away from me, and he lunged at me. I froze for a moment until I realized that Celso had stopped moving as well, only inches away from me. The expression on his face had gone from fury to shock in an instant. He began rising slowly into the air, and then I noticed it. There was a large, green vine wrapped around Celso, binded tightly at his stomach, and it seemed to get tighter, squeezing all the air out of him. Celso slowly began to lose consciousness and the vine let him down slowly.

There was no doubt in my mind who was responsible for this. I turned around and expected to see Robin and Kylie. I was, in a sense, right and wrong. Kylie stood there casually, leaning on her Venusaur with her arms folded. There was no sign of Robin, I looked around for him and there was no trace of my best friend.

"I was going to try and sneak up on you," Kylie chuckled at me, "but then I saw him come at you like that, and I didn't really have a choice, did I?"

"I could hear you coming from a mile away, anyhow," I laughed back.

"I'm going to assume that's a fat joke," Kylie feigned offense.

"Kylie, you are one of the most petite girls I know. How could that possibly be a fat joke?"

"I don't know. It just seemed like one."

"No, I didn't mean to say that. I meant to imply that you're really clumsy and can't sneak up on someone for the life of you."

"Right," Kylie pretended yet again to be insulted, "because that's so much better."

As Kylie and I continued our bickering, I noticed in the corner of my eye that Celso was regaining consciousness and slowly getting up. He immediately snapped a glare at me and took a step towards me. I was on my guard this time around. I reached for my belt, but Kylie beat me to the punch.

"Venusaur! Vine Whip!"

Venasaur extended its vines and began snapping them at Celso, who was still at a distance. With each snap, Celso took a step back until he eventually ran off. Kylie returned Venusaur to its Pokéball and looked back at me.

"And now," she smirked at me, "We're even. You didn't think I was gonna let you hold that little rescue back in Celadon over my head forever, do you?"

"Wouldn't expect anything less from you, Kylie."