Mt. Moon

I wandered around Mt. Moon for hours on end, struggling against Geodude and Zubat galore. I was at the point where I was getting really sick of battling.

“Hey, you!” a man caught my attention, “What are you doing here?”

“I’m trying to get to Cerulean City,” I responded, aggravated at the man’s tone, “Is that a problem?”

“No one outside of our operation is supposed to be in Mt. Moon right now. Giovanni’s orders.”

“Well, if you give me a little time, I’ll eventually find my way out of here.”

“You need to go back the way you came. Now.”

“Or what?” I growled as I drew a Pokéball.

“I’ll show you,” the man drew a Pokéball and clumsily flung it, “Go, Koffing!”

The Poison Gas Pokemon floated before me. I tossed my Pokéball directly in front of it. “Go, Pikachu.”

Pikachu emerged from the Pokéball and gave Koffing a mischievous look. Koffing began to emanate gasses and aimed them at Pikachu. Pikachu held its breath and ran toward Koffing. It delivered a Thundershock that paralyzed the foe. Koffing tried to attack again, but Pikachu beat it to the punch with a Quick Attack. Koffing fell to the ground, unconscious.

“You want to play games, kid?” my opponent growled.

“I don’t play games,” I responded, “When I gotta get something done, I get it done. Who are you anyway?”

“That’s irrelevant to the likes of you. All you need to know is that I am a member of Team Rocket, the greatest organization in the use of Pokémon!”

The grunt flung out another Pokéball and a Raticate emerged. I returned Pikachu to its Pokeball and brought out Magikarp. As always, Magikarp would constantly use Splash to dodge attacks and then find an opportune moment to attack. This repetition went on until Raticate fainted.

“The real question here,” The Rocket Grunt said to me, “is who are you?”

“Not that it’s of any importance to you,” I glared at the grunt, “but my name is Brian Phoenix. I aim to be the greatest Pokémon trainer in the world.”

“Intriguing. But to do that, you’ll have to make it out of this cave alive.”

Before I knew it, there were Rocket Grunts everywhere. They were swarming in and releasing their Pokémon for battle. There was no way I was going to be able to take all of them on at once. I was trapped.

“Aw, God damn it.”