Misty

After my encounter with Robin and Kylie, I realized that I was in no condition to fight Misty. I trained for the rest of the day and made sure my Pokémon strengthened up equally. That night, I began making a strategy. I would open with Gyarados and cause as much damage with him as possible. If Gyarados managed to defeat Misty's first two Pokémon alone, I would use Pikachu against Misty's last Pokémon, which was bound to be her strongest. If Gyarados somehow could not manage to finish off Misty's first two Pokémon, I would use Charmeleon and avoid using any Fire-type attacks and use Charmeleon's boosted speed to my advantage so it can evade a good majority of the aquatic opposition. Whatever the case, I wanted to make sure Pikachu was an unnamed weapon until the very end.

The next day I stormed into the gym, ready to earn the Cascade Badge. Misty was standing on a podium over a giant swimming pool.

"Is this my challenger for today?" the Tomboyish Mermaid looked down at me, "Let's get this over with."

"Yes, let's," I responded, "I have six more badges to collect."

This remark seemed to annoy Misty, and she responded by sending out a Seaking. I sent out Gyarados, and the battle went underway.

Seaking opened the fight with a Bubblebeam attack, Gyarados, not having a lot of space to move, took the attack gracefully. After which, it slammed its tail against Seaking. Seaking tried to charge at Gyarados with it's horn pointed towards its opponent, but Gyarados slapped it away. Gyarados then charged up its Ice Beam and shot it at Seaking. Seaking, being a Water-type Pokémon, should not have received so much damage from the Ice-type attack, but for some reason, Seaking seemed quite injured. Gyarados lunged at Seaking for a finishing attack, but the Goldfish Pokémon deflected it by having at my Pokémon with the horn on its head. Gyarados retreated for a moment and then regained itself and charged at Seaking again and chomped down on Seaking, who did nothing to follow up other than float helplessly on the surface of the pool. The round was over.

Misty was not pleased with her first loss. She sent out her next Pokémon, which was a Tentacool. Gyarados instantly charged at its opponent, but Tentacool instantly countered with an Acid attack. Gyarados not only took damage, but was also poisoned. Gyarados seemed to have bad luck with poison-inducing attacks.

Knowing that Gyarados would constantly get weaker if I kept in battle, I retracted it and sent out my Charmeleon. Tentacool seemed very aggressive and did not hesitate in shooting a Bubble attack at Charmeleon. Thankfully, Charmeleon was quick enough to steer clear of the attack.

"Charmeleon!" I got a word into the battle, "Use Slash attack!"

Charmeleon lunged its claws at Tentacool and landed a heavy swipe that made the victim cringe. Tentacool tried to use Wrap on Charmeleon, but Charmeleon shot an Ember attack to ward its attacker off as it tried to ensnare the Flame Pokémon. Tentacool fell out.

"Alright," Misty began to get frustrated, "you brought this on yourself! It's time for you to meet my strongest Pokémon!"

"That's what I want to hear," I smirked as I returned Charmeleon to its Pokéball.

"Go, Starmie!"

"Go, Pikachu!"

"So, saving your best for last, too, I see. But you're gonna need more than a few electric attacks to take out my Starmie!"

"Is that a fact? Pikachu, give 'em a little taste of your Thundershock attack."

Pikachu did as I said. Only, instead of a small taste, it sent a powerful surge of electricity flying across the stadium and coursing through Starmie's body. Just like that, the Mermaid's mighty Mysterious Pokémon fainted.

I found it ironic that the Water-type Gym Leader's eyes were blazing with white-hot fire at the sight of me defeating her strongest Pokémon so easily. "Well, that escalated quickly," I chuckled.

"Take your badge," Misty flung it at me so it pegged me in the shoulder, "and go."