The Events of Saffron: Part 4

Robin and I sent out our Pokémon at the same time. Robin opened with Pidgeot, and I sent out Raichu.

"Dammit," Robin muttered, "Always have to have the upper hand, huh? Not this time. Pigeot, Whirlwind!"

Pidgeot whipped up a powerful gust of wind that sent Raichu flying away. I was forced to use another Pokémon, and I had an idea of which one to use.

"Go, Dragonair! Use Thunderbolt!"

Dragonair lashed out at Pidgeot with a huge electric surge. Pidgeot tried to put up a fight, but it was not long until it fell unconscious.

"So you got a Dragon-type, huh?" Robin growled at me, "Well, I have a way of dealing with that. Go, Blastoise!"

"Did you not just see what my Dragonair can do?" I laughed, "And you're gonna send out a Water-type? Honestly, Robin, I thought you were smarter than that."

"Well, you haven't seen what my Water-type can do. Blastoise! Ice Punch!"

I panicked at the sound of this, "Dragonair, Thunderbolt!"

Dragonair began to charge itself up, but it was too late. Blastoise knocked a single jab into Dragonair's center. My Dragon Pokémon fell to ground and did not make a move after that.

I was furious. I could not remember the last time one of my Pokémon had fainted. By this time, Raichu had found its way back to me. Seeing as it was my best bet against Blastoise, I sent it back in.

"Blastoise!" Robin seemed indifferent to the type advantage, "Use Skull Bash!"

Blastoise lowered its head and charged at Raichu. Raichu stood there, waiting for my command.

"Patience, Raichu," I assured him, "You'll get your shot."

Blastoise connected, and Raichu clung on to the opponent's head for dear life. I saw it struggling to hang on and strained tightly. It was time for the blow.

"Raichu!" I directed, "Thunderbolt, now!"

Robin panicked. No hit could be more direct than the shock wave that surged through Blastoise's body. Raichu released as Blastoise stumbled back, trying to maintain its ground.

"Hang in there, Blastoise!" Robin yelled encouragement, "Give 'em an Earthquake!"

Blastoise slammed its foot on the ground and caused a massive tremor in the earth. Raichu could not handle it and fell out. Blastoise smiled for a moment, then collapsed.

Robin twitched, but then he flung another Pokéball in the air, sending out Golem. I responded with Haunter.

"Bad choice, Brian," Robin laughed, "Shame, I thought you were smarter than that."

"You would think so, right?" I smirked.

"Golem! Magnitude!"

"Haunter! Mega Drain!"

"What?"

Haunter sapped energy from the Rock- and Ground-type opponent viciously. Golem kneeled and threw in the towel. Haunter laughed heartily until a bright light began to surround it.