Lavender Town

The blinding sun gleamed in my eyes as I stepped out of Rock Tunnel. I felt like if I were to run into another Geodude or Zubat, I would personally beat the ever-living crap out of it myself. 

I ran nonstop toward Lavender Town. I needed to get to a Pokemon Center quick. I stopped as soon as I set foot in "The Noble Town". I felt a huge chill go down my back. It was fitting, seeing as Lavender Town was famous as the gravesite for Pokémon. There was something so eerie about the ambience. It seemed so dark and sinister that no one would dare bring it up. Despite the subliminal unstillness, it was a very beautiful town. People were very calm and friendly, as if they were completely unaware of the creepy undertone in the air.

After I left the Pokemon Center, I decided to check out the town's main attraction: the Pokémon Tower. I did not feel entirely comfortable about treading around a Pokémon graveyard, but it was in my understanding that Ghost-type Pokémon resided in the tower. A Ghost-type would make an excellent addition to my party, I thought. It should be worth walking around Pokémon Tower for a little bit.

As I walked into the tower, I secretly expected to run into Robin. I was not disappointed. He stood at a grave across from the first flight of stairs. Wondering what business he had here, I approached him.

"Hey, Robin," I greeted softly, something I barely ever did. Normally, when I said hi to Robin, I would try to be as boisterous and loud as possible. "What are you doing here?"

"Hmm? Oh, hey, Brian," Robin did not seem all too surprised to see me. He noticed I was concerned about his presence, "Oh, don't get the wrong idea here. None of my Pokémon are dead. You're not that good just yet." He chuckled a little at his joke. I also cracked a smile at his remark. "I'm here doing the same thing you're probably doing. Looking for a Ghost Pokémon. But there's something weird going on here. And I'm not just saying that because we're in a Pokémon graveyard. There's something here that's disturbing even the ghosts here. I've been trying to find out what it is, but I'm pretty sure its not us.

"No... There's an evil soul here. It's stirring up the spirits in the tower. If its presence is so great that it scares spirits that are already dead, then I'm starting to wonder if I really want to come into contact with it. Kylie headed back to the inn we're staying at because she was so weirded out by this. But enough about that. How about a little one-on-one? What do you say, Bri?"

I smirked my cocky smirk, "Alright, Robin, you're on."

Robin flung his Pokéball up in the air and Graveler emerged. I flicked my Pokéball onto the ground, as I was becoming accustomed to do. Gyarados exploded out of his tiny capsule. Graveler scowled at Gyarados, as if to say, "Oh, it's you again."

"Graveler, use Rock Throw!" Robin always tried to have the first move. Unfortunately for me, Rock Throw was super-effective against Gyarados, it being part Flying-type. Gyarados seemed mostly healthy by the end of the attack, then smirked at the Graveler's attempt to harm it.

I shared my Gyarados's smirk, "Gyarados, Bubblebeam."

A flourish of bubbles flooded from Gyarados's mouth and honed in on Graveler. Try as it might, the Rock and Ground-type Pokémon could not withstand the power of Gyarados's Water-type attack. Graveler went down with one hit.

"Not again," Robin groaned.

I felt really proud of myself knowing this was the first time I had fought against Robin and not just pulled a win out of my ass. It made me feel like I finally knew what I was doing.

The good feeling went away when I heard a familiarly dark voice saying, "What do you two think you're doing here?"