Back to Work

I looked up at my team. Dragonite stood relaxed, ready for anything I might say. Gengar was squirmy and unstill, wanting to get it over with as soon as possible. Gyarados coiled itself up and rested its head on its body. Raichu circled around itself and plopped itself down. Charizard stood at the far end of the line, arms folded and neck craned, spiteful of any words that may come out of my mouth.

"Alright, guys," I walked over to and outer wall of the mansion and sat on the ground with my back leaning against it, "We need to talk."

I looked around to make sure they were all paying attention, and indeed they were. Even Charizard, though he was much more hesitant to trust me.

"Look, I know I've been an incredible asshole these past couple of weeks. I've been working you guys to hell because I've been so fixed on beating Robin because he made a stupid joke. What the hell is wrong with me, guys?

"I'm gonna try to go back to being the Brian that I used to be. You know, the one who wanted to be the best, but still wanted to have fun with it. I've seen the future, guys, and its nowhere near what I want it to be. It's not going to be like that as long as I can help it. But I need your help. I can't do this on my own. You guys are my friends. I know I haven't been a great friend lately, but I'm gonna fix that. We're a team, and it's about time I started acting like it again. So, I promise you, no more tyrannical Brian. I'm gonna be a team player from here on out. I'm one of you guys. Don't ever let me forget that.

"Charizard, if I'm ever acting all out of whack, I'm giving you full permission to blast me with the strongest Flamethrower you can."

Charizard chuckled at my remark and kept a smirk on its face when it realized I was not joking.

"That goes for all of you. If you ever feel like I'm treating you unfairly, do not hesitate in making that clear to me. Guys, I'm begging you. Put your hands in here," I stretched out my hand, looking hopefully at my team, "I trust you guys, and it would mean the world to me if you guys did the same."

Gengar and Raichu immediately scurried up and placed their paws on top of mine Dragonite stolled over casually and grinned as it placed its claw on the pile. Gyarados uncoiled itself and roared pridefully as it placed its tail on the stack. Charizard, still smirking, glared at the rest of the team hesitantly. Then, after taking encouragement from the other Pokémon, Charizard finally stepped over to the rest of the group and put its claw in.

"Thanks, guys," I smiled the biggest smile I could have ever produced. It was time to get back to work. And this time, I had a new outlook on everything.