03 - oh... shit.

Yoongi

Walking to the bus stop wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be. I just remained silent as we walked along the quiet streets to the bus stop. To my surprise, Jungkook was talking quite a bit. Right at this moment, he was telling me about his experience with braces in high school, and how he was given the nickname "bunny teeth" because of them.

"And it was so annoying at the time. I really hated my braces, but..." He flashes me a perfect straight smile. "Guess it paid off huh!" He finishes, looking proud. I smile back at him and nod.

"You do have a really pretty smile." I say, and almost cringe at my words. Almost. "I mean, uh, I bet girls think its pretty, right?" I say, trying to cover up my cheesy compliment.

What is wrong with me today?

Jungkook frowns, and lets out an awkward, almost nervous laugh. "I wouldn't say that exactly-" I cut him off.

"No, no, don't be so modest, I'm sure you're a lady killer!" I ramble, scratching my neck and letting out an awkward laugh.

"No, uh... Really its not like that-" Jungkook tries to get out again, but I interrupt him once more.

"C'mon Jungkook, don't hide from me, I bet you have girls swarming around you all the time." I laugh.

"Yoongi hyung, I-"

"Ah, I bet you have a girlfriend too!" I shout, putting an arm over his shoulder.

What on earth am I trying to prove??

"Yoongi-ah, please..." Jungkook sighs. I stop and look at him. He is blushing furiously and staring at the ground. I stop walking and wait for him to go on. The awkward feeling from the car trip earlier suddenly returns, and I take my arm off his shoulder.

"That's really not what happens at all. It's the opposite in fact..." He fiddles with his sweater, like he did earlier in the car. I can tell he's nervous, and I wonder why. "I mean, girls do flirt with me and stuff. But I don't really, return the feelings, because well..." He trails off again and his blush begins to even creep up his neck and to his ears, turning the tip of them slightly pink.

He shakes his head and looks at me. "Why am I even telling you this, we just met... I mean, for all I know, you could hate me after I tell you." He says, whispering the last bit more to himself than to me.

"Honestly, it would just be easier to hang a sign off my neck that reads 'I AM GAY' on it, and it would save a lot of awkward- oh... oops..." He covers his mouth and my eyes widen at his 'accidental' confession.

"So... You're gay then?" I ask, even though I know the answer. He shuts his eyes and covers his red face in embarrassment. He silently nods, head still in his hands and then, slowly looks up to meet my eyes.

"Please, don't hate me... I wasn't going to tell you, I mean it just slipped out and..." He trails off. I place a hand on his shoulder and give it a somewhat comforting squeeze.

"Jungkook-ah, why would I hate you?" I say, giving him a small smile. "I mean, I'm not gay myself, but I don't have anything against it. Not at all. Besides, Seokjin likes guys too, so I'm used to it." I say trying to to comfort him a bit more.

"Oh... oh... Right, I should have figured you wouldn't hate me. Its just... I've had some, uh, bad experiences when coming out to people. So telling people turns me into a nervous wreck." He says quietly, and my heart drops thinking about what he possibly has been through.

"Don't worry about it... I'm sorry for all that talk about girls. Sometimes, I just ramble and can't stop." I admit and he smiles a little. I find myself smiling too, relived that he doesn't feel embarrassed anymore. "Now come on, we have a bus to catch!" I say, and grab his hand, pulling him along the street.

It was unexpected for both of us. Holding hands. I don't know what came over me, but it just felt, right. So we continued walking to the bus stop, hand in hand, and when we got there, I didn't want to let go. But I did anyway.

Jungkook's face was still tinted pink from embarrassment, but he looked really, well, pretty. It was weird for me to admit that a guy was pretty, even if it was just in my head, but I couldn't really describe him in any other way. He really was pretty, with his pale skin, raven hair, and constantly pink cheeks.

So pretty...

Jungkook suddenly cleared his throat, and I snapped out of my thoughts, my eyes focusing on his face.

Shit. I had been staring at him. Goddammit Yoongi...

I felt my own cheeks heat up as Jungkook gave me a questioning look. But before I could open my mouth to blurt out some stupid excuse, the sound of a bus pulling up to the stop made us both get up from our seat.

"Yoongi," Jungkook said, and I looked up at him, meeting his eyes as he showed off his dazzling smile. "Lets go." He finished. My heart suddenly started beating faster, and a strange, yet familiar feeling erupted in my stomach. The same feeling I got when I held his hand earlier. The same feeling I got when I kissed girls. Butterflies...

Oh... Shit.

-----

A/N:

Ok, so tbh, I am not too fond of the first few chapters of the book. They are slow, and kind of fillers that build up to the real story. But I hope you enjoyed this none the less.

Thanks for reading!

I'll update again soon!

- B xx