Apocalytpic Love pt. 17

Sorry it took so long to update! But here is the next part: finally!
Thank you for sticking around for so long.
Xx

Word count: 700+

ANNABETH CHASE

"I thought your dad was a cop."
Jason says to Annabeth.
Annabeth looks up from the map she was holding.

"He was..." She says, confused.
"Then why was he researching the anti-aging serum?"
"Uh..he had weird hobbies." She answers.
Jason nods.

"Right."

Leo lifts his head from his arm.
"So remind me why we are up so dam early."
"So we don't draw attention to ourselves." Thalia answers.

"Right." Leo imitates Jason.

"So when are we going?" Leo asks a few seconds later, impatiently.
"When Frank and Hazel get here." Percy answers.

"Right."

There is a silence for a few minutes.
Giving Annabeth time to study the map once more.
Leo clears his throat to speak up,
"So-"
"Shut up fire boy." Nico growls.

"Right." Leo says.

Annabeth sighs and rolls her eyes, holding the map more tightly.

This is one reason why she hates groups.

~~

"Okay, everyone is here now." Percy says to Annabeth.
She nods, looking amongst the faces.
She grins.
"Now for the fun part....breaking out."

~~

"Luke has a patrol on the top level. His guys shoot on sight so we have to be careful. I'll go out first, and distract the guy. The rest of you, use the shadows to make it to the forest.

"Follow Percy in for 1km, and then climb up the trees. Watch for walkers. If you get surrounded...scatter. Do not stay in a big group."

"Percy and I discovered that if you cover yourselves in walker guts, then they find it harder to find you."

Annabeth looks at each of them in turn.

"If everything goes to shit, break up in pairs...cover yourself in guts. Make your way to the end of the tree-line. To navigate, use the mountains. And for the sake of your lives, if you're covered in guts and surrounded by walkers- do not run. If you run, you're fucked."

Some of their others look down. The others gulp or look uneasy, shifting their weapons in hand.

"Use your brain and you'll be fine. Follow Percy's lead. I'll catch up with you either 1 metre in, up in the trees...or at the far tree line."

The others nod.

"And one more thing, the stupid idiot that shoots me, thinking that I'm a walker- you're the first to die. Do not shoot unless absolutely necessary. Stay in pairs. Stay smart. I'll see you soon."

Annabeth finishes her speech. She stands up and rolls her shoulders, wincing a little. She checks her guns, and dagger.

Everything is in order.

She looks out into the darkness. They are all huddled against the outside structure of the building. In the blind spot that Percy discovered earlier.

"Annabeth wait." She hears Percy say.
She turns around, ready to hear a long speech about her being careful and that it's dangerous out there...

but instead he presses his lips to hers.

Their lips move in sync for a few seconds, hers tasting of strawberries, his tasting of the salty sea.
They pull back, suddenly aware of the scene they created. Percy's eyes are two shades darker than normal.

"For good luck." He says in a low voice.
Annabeth nods, before stepping out into the shadows.

The group blinks in shock as she seems to blend in with the shadows around her. She disappears before their eyes.

~~

She silently makes her way to the right, the opposite side of the forest.
Her fingers gingerly touch her lips.
She still can taste him.
She is fascinated by the way he smells and tastes of the sea.

~~

Annabeth grabs her gun out. She looks up at the unsuspecting guard.
She aims out at the abandoned lands away from the building, and fires.

That will get his attention.

The guard jumps up and shouts for back up.
He looks out, searching for the culprit. And for the reason they were firing.
Men all leave their posts, running to her side of the structure.

Now the others can make a break for the forests.

Annabeth smirks.