Youtuber Percy

PERCY JACKSON

"Come on, it won't be that bad." I say in my most convincing voice.
She looks over at me and scowls.
"I never agreed to this Percy." Annabeth says.
"I know...but I asked my viewers what video they wanted when I hit 1 million subscribers, and they wanted to see you. If anything, you should be flattered."

I regret my words as soon as they leave my mouth.

Annabeth looks over at me and raises an eyebrow.

I brace for her shouting, but it never comes.
"Alright. I'll do it." She says in an exasperated tone.
I jump up and punch the air.
"Yes! I love you Wise Girl!" I kiss her on the cheek and bound off to my room to set up the film gear.

Girlfriend tag...here we come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Perseus Jackson, why are there bottles of whipped cream?"

I wince and look over at Annabeth.
She has her arms crossed and a questioning look on her face.
I look at the rolling camera and rack my brain for an answer that won't get me pulverised.

"It's..the forfeit. This video is like a girlfriend tag slash, how well do we know each other...type thing. If you get an answer wrong you get a plate of whipped cream to the face.."

Yep. I'm in for it. That was the worst answer I could have possibly given her.

"Well then..I better go change my shirt." She says.
I blink twice. My jaw drops.
She's okay with this?
Hang on. Did I just give Annabeth the chance to hit me in the face with cream? Oh boy. I'm in for it.

"Just wear my old black one!" I shout out of the room so she can hear me.
A few minutes later she walks into the room with her hair in a ponytail, and my black shirt on. It goes down to a few inches above her knees.

"Okay...so now what?" She asks.
"I'll introduce you." She nods and waits out of the camera's view.

"Hey guys!" I wave my hand at the camera. I can feel Annabeth's eyes on me. Focus Percy! Focus!

"So I went to Twitter and asked what video you guys wanted for when I hit 1 million subscribers. And you said: The Girlfriend Tag." I nod slowly to myself.
"Well...I reached 1 million subscribers- which I cannot even begin to fathom, You guys are amazing! So...here is the Girlfriend Tag." I shrug my shoulders awkwardly and raise my hands to about where I'll put a cringey title.

"Okay, first things first. I'll introduce you to my girlfriend. Now you've been begging to see her ever since there was a clip of us together, in the background of my friend's vlog- cheers Jason-" I say sarcastically.

"And I've finally been able to convince her to join me for a video." I look at Annabeth and she shakes her head and rolls her eyes at me. But there is a smile on her face.
I smile back at her and gesture for her to sit beside me.

She slowly walks towards me.

She sits down besides me and awkwardly looks at the camera.

"So everyone...this is the moment you've been waiting for. This is my girlfriend. Annabeth Chase." I put an arm around her and she smiles.
I whisper in her ear,
"Wave to the camera."
She turns towards me so our faces are only half an inch apart.
"How the heck do you wave at a camera without it being awkward?" She whisper-asks back.
"You can't...but that's the fun of it."
She rolls her eyes and I kiss her forehead.

"Now for the questions." I say in my normal voice.

As I open up the questions my friend had saved earlier for me, Annabeth reaches for the whipped cream. Uh oh.

"So neither of us have seen these questions- my friend Grover picked them out for us. And-"
I stop speaking when I hear the whipped cream being dispensed.
I look over at Annabeth.
She's piling the cream onto the first plastic plate.

She shakes the can and looks at me, flashing a wicked grin.

"Oh keep going Percy. I'm just preparing the cream for your face."

I gulp and look back at the questions.

"Okay the first one is for..me. Dang it. Where did you meet? And what was your first impression of her?" I sigh in relief.

"Annabeth and I first met at a summer camp when we were twelve."
I stick my tongue out at Annabeth. She doesn't get to put cream on my face.

She looks at me, amused.

"What?" I ask.

"You skipped the second part of the question." She smirks at me.

"Ohh..right. My first impression of you...I uh.....oh geez this is embarrassing...I thought you looked like a....princess-and-then-I-passed-out."

Annabeth opens her mouth and I think she's going to say something but instead she starts laughing...really loudly.

"You thought-!" She tries to get out, but she starts laughing harder.

My face goes red.

She leans forward and rests her head on my shoulder, her hand on my other one.

She continues to laugh.

"Yeah, yeah. Next question."

She leans backwards and wipes her eyes, trying to cease her laughing.

"This one is for you. What is...really G-Man? That one is easy....what is my mum's name?"

"Sally." She answers quickly.

I nod and look at my phone for the next question.

"Okay another one for me. What is Annabeth's least favourite animal?"

She raises her eyebrow at me, as she lifts the plate of cream.

"Her least favourite animal is a spider." I say easily.

The whipped cream hits my face. I feel it sliding down my neck and shoulders.
Annabeth swirls the plate around, before putting it on top of my head.

I hear her laughs again.

I let out a small laugh, as I try to wipe the cream out of my eyes and away from my nose and mouth.

"Here..I'll help." Annabeth says between laughs.

She gently rubs the cream out of my eyes. I open them and see her. As she laughs at my predicament, I realise again...that I love her. I really do love her.

"Spiders are arachnids Perc."

Any requests?
Xx