XXXV

“Shhh baby boy, I got you… Daddys got you.” Zayn whispered as he walked over to the crib. Bending down Zayn carefully picked up Eddie bringing him up to his bare chest as he slowly danced around the room rocking him back to sleep in his arms.

Liam opened his eyes as the soft tears rang out around the room. Raising his head off of Niall’s chest he watched Zayn from across the room literally sing and dance his baby to sleep. Liam watched him as he slowly calmed back down, his cries subsiding, as he slipped back to sleep in Zayn’s arms.

Zayn smiled pecking a gentle kiss on his tiny forehead as he quietly laid him back down in his crib. Like clockwork just as he finished putting Eddie down to bed Perrie began to cry making Zayn groan softly as he bend down once more only this time picking up his daughter.

Liam chucked to himself at the obvious comic timing that the twins had. Zayn looked so tired as he once more began to dance around the room trying to soothe her. Liam slowly untangled his limbs from Niall careful not to wake him or disturb Zayn or Perrie.

“Only two girls in the entire world could ever get you dancing like that huh mate?” Liam whispered as he approached the window Zayn was dancing in front of. Zayn looked up a trace os a smile on his lips.

“What can I say, pretty blonds are my weakness.” Zayn joked making Liam smile.

Their smiles faded off their faces as neither knew what to say next. Zayn continued to bounce Perrie  as she grinned and looked around the room.

“Well I’ll give you that mate, she does look just like Perrie.” Liam offered as he turned his attention to Perrie making goofy faces to make her smile even more.

“What am I going to do mate? I’m not ready to be a single father. Jesus Christ I’m in a boy band what kind of a life does that leave these two?” Zayn asked.

Liam stopped making Perrie laugh looking up to Zayn with a serious look. “What are you saying?”

“I’m saying … that I’m in over my head.” Zayn admitted. Liam took Perrie from Zayn holding her up in front of him.

“Look at her Zayn, she needs you. Eddie needs you. The rest of us need you. Don’t you think that you aren’t important, you are everything to them, to all of us.” Liam explained as Zayn started to cry once more.

“He’s right you know,” Niall said from across the room. “Don’t punish yourself mate, she would have wanted you to be happy.”

“It’s all my fault, if I had made it to her faster than I could have saved her.” Zayn whimpered as Liam tugged him into a massive hug, Perrie between them.

“There was nothing more you could have done mate, she is gone. It was a terrible accident, it was an accident.” Liam told him between the tears.

"Don't you think that they rest of the lads will miss us" Louis asked Harry.

"Louis I think they can fend on their own for a few hours, I need a decent nights rest. Besides I had to beg the doctor to let us sneak in here!" Harry assured Louis.