XXIII

Niall poked his head out of Liam’s room he checked the left then the right hoping the coast was clear. Satisfied with the isolation of the hallway Niall took a step out of the room moving like a secret agent down the hall. Liam smiled watching him go as he stepped out behind him, walking normally out of the room and down the hall.

“What are you doing?” Liam laughed watching Niall creep silently down the hallway. Niall turned around with wide eyes miming to Liam with wild hand signals. Liam laughed harder at the sight of him.

“Am I supposed to know what you’re miming?”

Niall stopped moving his hands dropping them to his sides with a frown on his face. Liam tried to hide a smile forcing the laughter back as he looked at the sad face.

“What happened to stealth mode Leemo?” Niall whispered.

“Ni, look around you. Were alone.” Liam said raising his arms by his side as he rotated his torso looking down the abandoned hallway.

“There is nobody around because we are in stealth mode!” Niall whisper shouted just as Harry opened his door mid yawn. “And now our cover is blown!”

Niall glared at Liam as harry shuffled toward the bathroom at the end of the hall ignoring them completely. Liam clutched his side as he doubled over in laughter unable to contain it any longer.

Louis opened the door to Harry’s room a second later making Niall jump.

“Hey!” Niall greeted him.

“Morning.”

“Hey Louis what are you doing in Haz’s room?” Liam asked curiously.

Louis hesitated trying to quickly come up with a lie on the spot. His brain worked overtime but his mouth was failing miserably as he stammered.

Harry walked out of the bathroom once again joining the group, Louis looked to him for help pleading in to his eyes.

“We should just tell them.” Harry said mostly to Louis as almost a whisper. Louis looked unsure but nodded slowly.

“Guys? What’s going on?” Liam asked with a worried tone, Niall just stood by with an open mouth watching the interaction.

They ignored Niall and Liam still silently communicating with their eyes. Liam hated when they did that, he rolled his eyes coughing slightly to get their attention.

“Kitchen 5 minutes.”

The lads plus Perrie gathered in the kitchen each one of them with more concern etched on their face than the last. Zayn sat on the arm of the couch wrapping his arm around Perrie’s shoulders pulling her close to him as he kissed the top of her head. Niall looked at him envious of their openness to each other, he looked at Liam fighting the urge to fall into his strong arms. He looked away from Liam as Harry and Louis began speaking.

“We have something to tell everyone.” Harry confessed looking slightly shaken.

“Okay you’re scaring us mate.”

The rest of the lads agreed with Liam, Perrie just nodded feeling slightly intrusive on the situation.

“Out with it then?” Niall whined.

“Harry and I have started –“ Louis faltered on his words looking to Harry for help.

“Dating. Louis and I have started dating.” Harry finished Louis’ thought as he slipped his hand into Louis holding it up

Nobody spoke as each of the lads felt their chins hit the floor in shock.

“You should see you lot right now.” Louis laughed at their expressions Harry laughing along with him.