VIII

The lads walked back to the room slowly entering through the door. Liam was sleeping, he looked so fragile and small. Zayn walked over to his bed, and bending down he kissed Liam on the head as he slept, softly he whispered "We're all here mate, stay strong Li."

Several hours later Liam still lay asleep as the boys sat around the room trying to stay entertained. Harry and Niall were playing a card game, which Niall was losing in spectacular fashion. Louis sat next to Niall playing with his phone while Zayn sat by Liam and doodled on his pad of paper again.

"I can't! I can't stand it! You two stink!" Harry suddenly said looking from Niall to Louis and back again. Louis smirked as he scooted his chair closer to Harry's.

"What? Haz you don't like my new cologne? I am hurt!" Louis pressed his hand to his heart in an over-dramatized response to Harry's outburst.

Scooting his chair away from Louis, Harry smiled and said, "Don't come any closer to me! I love you two but you need like massive shower time to get rid of that stench!"

"Yea, he is right. I can smell you from over here!" Zayn smirked as he made a big dramatic show of plugging his nose.

"Where are we going to find showers, and fresh clothes around here?" Niall asked as he threw a pillow at Zayn.

"I think, we should probably go back to the flat, that way we can shower and get a clean change of clothes and maybe some food to bring back for the night." Louis looked up at Niall who looked hesitant to leave.

"I don't want Liam to wake up while we are all gone." Niall said with fear in his eyes.

"I'll stay here then mate, Zayn offered raising his hand, but only if you guys grab me another pad of paper and some food!"

Niall still looked hesitant, but finally agreed to the plan, after all he could really use a shower. Harry, Niall and Louis put on their coats and grabbed their random things left scattered around the room before embarking.

"Okay, but call us if ANYTHING happens!" Louis said as he walked to the door, followed by Harry. Niall hung back for a second still standing beside Liam's bedside. "Hey Nialler? You coming?" Louis asked with his hand on the door knob. Niall bent down and kissed Liam on the top of his forehead and whispered something in his ear, inaudible to the other boys, then just as quickly he moved toward the open door and out with Lou, and Harry.

*~*~*~*

"Does One Direction have blood on their hands? Find out after this commercial break!" The reporter waited for the camera to turn off, then stood up from his desk and stretched walking over and grabbing a quick drink of water before the break was over. He had been working since 4am now on the morning addition of the news. The signal that break was almost over caught his eye and he walked back to the desk sitting back down as the station manager counted down the seconds till air time. 5, the reporter cracked his neck, 4 he took one last swig of his water placing the extra on a shelf under the desk 3, then 2. The reporter gathered his papers together, the station manager flashed his index finger indicating 1 second till air time and he smiled waiting for the teleprompter to start.

"Is this the end for popular British boy band One Direction? We turn to our British correspondent, Dean Johnson, with the story. Dean?" The TV cut from inside the newsroom to a tall man outside St. Thomas Hospital.

"Thanks James, I am standing out here in front of St. Thomas Hospital in London. Reports surfaced that Liam Payne member of British popular boy band One Direction Yesterday Liam Payne, 19 was rushed to the hospital with complications to his kidney. Rumors have surfaced that Liam Payne is in much worse shape than the band is letting on when video footage of 3 of his band mates leaving the hospital surfaced. Two of the boys were caked in blood from head to toe. There has been no reports denying this from the bands management, but a report from the hospital claims Liam Payne is in the ICU in stable condition. I don't think that these five boys will be able to sing their way out of this. Back to you James." The report ended and the TV cut back to the news desk.