XX

Harry and Louis followed Anne into Harry's childhood home neither of them looked at the other fearing that their secret was suddenly out in the open. Anne moved them into the sitting room.

"Alright boys. Out with it." Anne said abruptly before either of them had time to get settled. Louis shot a glance to Harry who returned his shock.

"Erm. Mum, we had a long train ride. I could sure fancy a cup of tea. How about you Lou?" Harry said hoping to stall his mom. She looked unhappy but after a moment of hesitation she stood and shuffled off to the kitchen.

Louis waited for the kitchen door to shut before he turned to Harry.

"Oh my gosh, Harry what if she saw us!" Louis whispered frantically.

"IF she saw us? Louis we were making out on her front porch!" Harry whispered back.

"I'm sure it will be fine Harry! I think you mom is understanding."

"I think she is a bit more shocked than understanding at the moment."

Anne walked back into the sitting room with a tray of tea and cookies, Louis and Harry stopped talking instantly.

"Here let me help you with that Mrs Cox." Louis offered as he stood taking the tray from her hands placing it on the table in the middle of the room.

"Thank you dear, that's very kind of you." Anne said as she took her seat in the chair. Louis took his seat beside Harry on the couch.

"Thank you for this, I'm sorry that we just dropped in on you." Louis said breaking the awkward silence, he nudged Harry under the table urging him to talk.

"Yea, umm mum listen about before on the porch, it wasn't what it looked like."

"It looked like you two were kissing." Anne said abruptly again. Harry and Louis nervously exchanged glances.

"We weren't kissing, Louis just ..." Harry stammered trying to come up with a lie on the spot. Louis hung is head in embarrassment.

"Harry, Louis, calm down. I know about you two, I have known about you two for a while now."

Harry looked at Louis the surprise he felt mirrored in his eyes.

"How could you have known about us?" Harry asked.

"Yea? We only started dating a few weeks ago nobody knows," Louis added. "Not even the rest of the boys."

"Call it mother's instinct, I knew the day I met you Louis that you were something much more to Harry, even if he didn't." Anne confessed.

"Mum, why didn't you tell me?" Harry asked.

"I wanted you two to find each other, and you didn't need my help to do that. But I am happy that I was right. I couldn't ask for someone better for my son than you Louis." Anne smiled pulling Louis into a hug, Harry grabbed them both tight holding on to them.

"So is that what you came here for? Well I'm sorry I could have saved you a trip, but I must say I am grateful for the visit."

Harry smiled weakly at his mom, glancing over to Louis for support, he knew he had to tell her the truth for the trip. Louis scooted over on the couch moving closer to Harry as he put his arm around him, his heart swelled with pleasure to be able to hold on to Harry without hiding his true feelings.

"Is there something more?" Anne asked looking at their worried expressions.

"Unfortunately there is. Mum I have some bad news."

"Oh?"

"Mum I went to the doctor a little while ago. I-I..." Harry stammered his voice falling flat. Louis tightened his grip around him as he put his other hand in Harry's open palm. Harry grasped on tightly thankful for his presence.