III

The TV was on as Harry sat on the couch cuddled with Louis. He wasn't sure why but every time Louis and him sat near each other their limbs seemed to gravitate towards each other’s. Many times they ended up using each other's bodies as pillows. Harry flipped the channel on the TV, Louis snuggled into his side his arms wrapped around Harry's torso.

"Styles! Change it back, I was watching that!!!" Louis whined making Harry smile as he flipped the channel back to what it was.

"Tommo, you mean to tell me that you're watching an infomercial for the "Paint Pad Pro"? Harry chuckled.

"Yes, as a matter of fact I am, now have you quite finished so I can get back to this intriguing show?" Louis said in a mocked tone of seriousness. Harry dropped the remote into his lap and fell silent as he watched the infomercial with Louis.

"This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever sat through." Harry said as he watched over Louis. Louis prop his head up on his arms and looked at Harry.

"You just don't understand art when you see it Styles!" Louis smirked as Harry playfully attacked him, tickling his body all over. Soon both the lads were giggling as they fought the other off.

Niall who was sitting on the floor with his guitar in his lap laughed as they wrestled, becoming more and more entangled in each other’s limbs. Zayn walked in to the room just as the phone rang on its hook, he grabbed it off the stand and answered trying to tune out the sound of Harry and Louis play fighting.

"Hello?" Zayn said putting the phone up to his ear.

"Hello is this the residence of Mr. Liam Payne?" The male voice on the other end asked.

"Who is calling?" Zayn questioned.

"This is St. Thomas Hospital, we are calling on the behalf of Liam Payne." The voice was almost robotic.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand?" Zayn stammered.

"Mr. Payne was admitted early this morning he is in the ICU --" The voice continued to drown on but Zayn didn't hear him, he lowered the phone suddenly aware that the room had gone silent and the lads were all looking at him.

Zayn felt his knees give out as he dropped the phone, it smashed on the phone and broke apart the voice on the other end lost in the shambles. Louis jumped up from the couch and grabbed Zayn just as he legs shook him off balance. He felt like he had been shot, his mind was moving a mile a minute.

"Zayn? Zayn who was on the phone?" Niall asked looking frightened. The lads all looked to him Louis still holding him up. No one spoke for a moment. "Zayn?" Niall asked again.

"Liam I-I-is ... Li-Liam is in the hos-hospital."

Niall didn't register the words that Zayn spoke. He looked from Louis to Harry fear etched on their faces, Zayn was still being supported by Louis.

No one spoke for what seemed like a lifetime, how could Liam be in the hospital?

Snapping out of their daze Harry asked Zayn what else the phone call said. Zayn clearly shaken recounted the voice on the other end telling the lads that Liam was in the ICU. It was all he knew and it was so little he wished he hadn't dropped the phone to learn more.

In that moment the only thing Zayn wanted to do was be beside Liam's side, he had to be there for him. Niall was already searching for the car keys and found them laying on the counter Harry was putting his shoes one and Zayn had only just realized that Louis was no longer supporting him but instead putting his coat on.