Chapter Twenty Three: Victory

The pilots land the two vertibirds on the control tower, wanting to see the fireworks. Everyone inside the ships come out and see the Crawler from the distance. Casey rubs her arm. Her body ached from fighting Frank Horrigan. That monster did some good damage on her, but it didn't stop her from giving up. She looks at Suzy, remembering her getting shot.

"How are you feeling?" she asked.

"I'm still a little hurt," said Suzy, "but I'll live."

"Guys!" said Alex. "Look! It's the missiles!"

The girls look up to see fiery missiles fly down, landing on the Crawler. Large explosions form from the Crawler as it crumbles down. Its large satellite tumbles down and explodes in a fiery tflame. The Paladins cheer in victory, knowing the war against the Enclave is over. Alex jumps up and down, cheering wildly.

"YEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!" he cheered. "WE DID IT!!! WE DID IT!!!"

Casey and Suzy laugh and hugged each other tightly. They both took turns lifting each other up, then they stare at each other and kissed. Fawkes and Alex join in their group hug and laughed.

"VICTORY HAS ARRIVED!" laughed Fawkes. They all stop hugging and looked at each other.

"Casey, without you, none of this would of happened," said Suzy.

"Ohhh you're just saying that," Casey laughed.

"No really!" said Suzy. "The Enclave came into your life when you and your dad started to get back to work on Project Purity! If you two didn't come out of your Vault, the Enclave would've been standing tall!"

"Yeah!" said Alex. "You got us all motivated to fight them back! You're a hero!"

Casey stares at the two happily. She felt very proud of herself, something she hasn't felt before. This might be a big step for humanity to start all over. Fresh water swept across the Capital Wasteland, the Enclave disbands, and the Brotherhood of Steel helps lead those who want to survive. Casey helped all of this to happen. She dreamed of this moment ever since she helped James start back Project Purity up.

"Whoa...you guys are right!" she said happily. "I did do it! But....I couldn't have done it without your help."

"Really?" asked Alex.

"Yeah," she smiled. "You guys helped train me, helped find my dad, and stood by my side the whole way through. You guys helped me make this happen. Thank you. As for you Fawkes, thanks for saving our asses many times!"

"My pleasure!" he smiled.

"Wow...Casey, you're welcome," smiled Suzy. The two girls hugged each other tightly. Alex comes up to them and joins in the hug. Fawkes smiles and wraps his huge, muscular arms around the group and lifts them up. Sarah watches the group and smiles.

"You guys want to head back to the Citadel?" she asked. "I'm sure my father will be pleased to see you."

"Sure!" said Casey. Everybody heads back inside the vertibirds. The ships flew out of Adam's Air Force Base, heading back to the Citadel.

--------------------------------------------

The group exits the vertibird, seeing Elder Lyons awaiting them. The elder smiles big and walks over to the group.

"When I first met all of you some time ago," he said, "I was weary of your motivations and even more concerned with your methods, especially from you Casey. However, at the battle for Project Purity, you proved yourselves...and any doubt that I had about you dissipated on that day. Now, with the Enclave in ruins and with you four to thank for it, I'm almost at a complete loss for words."

"Surprising that we got something we thought wouldn't been done," said Casey.

"Very surprising," he smiled. "I feel proud to call you all one of our own, and I promise that what you four have done here today will be recorded by our scribes as a historic moment. On behalf of the Brotherhood of Steel and on the behalf of the free people of this Wasteland, I thank you all."

-------------------------------------------

Casey, Suzy, Alex, and Fawkes stood on a podium, receiving gold medals with the Brotherhood's logo on it from Elder Lyons. Brotherhood Knights, Paladins, and Scribes clapped for the four. There they stood, very proud of themselves. They were the heroes of the Capital Wasteland, who sacrificed their lives for the good people out there who try to survive and live to see miracles.

A new era has arisen after the fall of the Enclave. Peace slowly rises as the Brotherhood swept across the Capital Wasteland, helping those in need for shelter and supplies. People start rebuilding and exterminating threats. Cooperation has built up, all thanks to Casey and her friends. Without them, the Capital Wasteland will always be a war without end.

Because War...War Never Changes...