Chapter Twelve: The New Mission

A new day begins as the sun rose high above the Capital Wasteland. Casey snored loudly and drooled on the pillow from the bed, with her arm dangling from the side. Suzy slept and sucked her thumb, sleeping very close to her. Casey slowly wakes up, yawning and stretching. She looks over at Suzy and tries to hold in a laugh when seeing her suck her thumb.

"Come on sleepyhead," she said, "time to get up."

Suzy slowly wakes up with her eyes nearly opened. The two sat up from bed bare-naked from their pleasure last night. Casey smiles and stares at the sleepy Suzy. She slowly falls back down on the bed, wanting to go back to sleep.

"Please Suzy?" asked Casey. "For me?"

"....oh okay..." she said. Suzy rolls out of bed and grabs ahold of her clothes. Casey hops out of bed and begins putting her clothes on. After finishing, she walks up to Suzy and hugs her from behind. Suzy smiles and turns her head to Casey, then kisses her. The two kissed and pulled away, exchanging smiles.

"I'm glad I met you," said Suzy.

"I'm glad you kissed me back at Rivet City," smiled Casey.

"I'm glad I did," she giggled. "Now let go of me so I can wake up Prince Charming."

"Okay," smiled Casey. She kisses Suzy's cheek and lets go of her. Suzy walks into Alex's room, finding him waking up. He rubbed his eyes and stretched.

"Good morning Alex," smiled Suzy.

"Good morning!" he said cheerfully. "Are we going to see that guy today?"

"Yup," she said, "but first, it's breakfast time."

After a big breakfast and cleaning themselves up, the three leave their room. They see Paladin Tristan waiting for them. The paladin walks over to them and faces Casey.

"Nice work back there," he smiled. "Let's hope the scribes can do something useful with the information you retrieved. Unfortunately, we don't have time to sit around and wait for the analysis."

"True," said Casey. "I was hoping if it will be okay if my friends can tag along."

"Well," said Tristan, "based on what I've seen so far, I believe they're capable and well suited for this next assignment, including for you."

"I'm ready for more killing," she grinned.

"What is there to be done?" asked Suzy, as she crossed her arms.

"With the setbacks the Brotherhood has suffered," Tristan began, "we find ourselves in a difficult position. All our available resources need to be positioned for the inevitable counter-attack from the Enclave. At the same time, we believe we may have developed a tool to help our chances of victory."

"That's good news!" smiled Alex.

"But with everyone needed to help defend against the Enclave," he continued, "we have no one to send on a recovery mission. So I'm going to have you three travel to the Olney Powerworks to secure some tech with us."

"Wait a minute!" said Suzy. "There are Deathclaws in that area! You think we're dumb enough to go in there and face those deadly creatures on our own?!"

"I never said anything about you three your measurement of intelligence," said Tristan. "I only said you're well suited and capable."

"He does make a point," said Casey. "By the way, what are we looking for over there anyways?"

"Hopefully a Tesla Coil," he stated, "an experimental device from before the war. Our scribes need it to complete a little surprise they've been preparing for the Enclave. Get there, get the coil, and get back here safely and quickly as possible. Any questions?"

"Nope," said Casey.

"Good," said Tristan. "Dismissed." He leaves the trio by themselves. Casey looks at her friends in shock when Suzy mentioned Deathclaws will be in the area.

"Deathclaws?!" she asked.

"I'm not kidding," said Suzy. "Those creatures are the deadliest in the entire Wasteland. I've heard they're much deadlier in the Mojave."

"But still!" said Casey. "I've never encountered a Deathclaw ever since I stepped foot outside of my Vault! Who knows how aggressive they are!"

"They're very aggressive," said Alex. "So aggressive that they'll tear your guts out and eat them!"

"What a surprise."

"C'mon Casey," said Suzy, "I know you can do this. If you can face a band of raiders, a mob of feral ghouls, and an entire battalion of Enclave soldiers, I know you can face a Deathclaw."

"Y'know, you're right," said Casey. "If I'm able to do those things, I can do it. I mean, how hard could it be?"