Chapter Nineteen: Forgetful Apologies

Casey, Suzy, and Alex struggle to make the soldiers let go as they were being dragged into a science lab towards three technologic chairs. Casey gets forced to sit down and the soldiers strap her wrists and legs with metal bars. They lock the bars with long, thick nails. The other soldiers to the same to Suzy and Alex, as they struggle to escape. Tenpenny, Mister Burke, Gustavo, and Maria looked over at the fallen trio.

"Relax Casey," said Tenpenny, "it'll only be a short time before you become a different person."

"What's wrong with being me, asshole?!" she asked.

"Well, there's a little too much niceness in you," he stated as he walked over to her, "so we'll just have to change it. Besides, you'll love the new you. You see your friend over there and Maria? Well, you are going to have the best threesome in your life."

"I'd rather stab her neck with a knife," said Suzy.

"Oh shut it, you bitch," said Maria. "Casey told me everything what happened between the two of you. In fact, she said yes when I asked if she wanted to have sex with me. Isn't that right, Casey?"

Suzy's eyes widen and she looks over at her. Casey looks down.

"I-.....it's true....when you wanted me out of your life, I thought you never wanted to see me again....so I moved on and met Maria, before she stabbed me in the back!"

"Enough of this already!" said Gustavo. "Are we going to do this or what?"

"We're all set," said an Enclave scientist. Mister Burke walks over to the trio, then looks down at Alex.

"Hey doc," he said, "will they remember any of this?"

"Well, according to my calculations," the scientist said, "they won't."

"Hm..really?" he asked. Burke looks down at Alex and punches him in the nose. Casey and Suzy gasp. Burke grins, waiting to hear the little boy cry. Instead, Alex slowly looks up at him with the angriest expression as if he wants him dead. Burke backs away a little, then shrugs it off.

"By the way guys," said Tenpenny, "we're throwing a party tonight. Remind them, doc. Maria, stay here and keep an eye on them."

"Got it," she said.

"See you at the party," grinned Burke.

The Enclave scientists strap a headgear on both sides of the three's temples. Casey couldn't move her head to see her friends.

"S-Suzy...I'm so sorry...." she said.

"Casey no...I'm sorry," said Suzy. "I shouldn't have yelled at you-"

"But I deserved it!" said Casey. "I nearly got Alex killed and you told me not to grab the coil!"

"Quiet!" said a scientist.

"Fuck you!" she said. "I'm talking here! Anyways, you had a reason to be pissed off at me! But it's my fault for cheating on you, Suzy!"

"Shut up you cunts!" the scientist repeated.

"How about you shut the fuck up or I'll rip out your windpipe!" yelled Suzy.

"That's it!" he said. The scientist walks over to Suzy and punches her in the jaw. She fully snaps and glares an evil look she has never done before. Suzy shakes her metal straps as hard as she could. Suddenly, the arm piece for the metallic chair breaks off, exposing the sharp nail. Suzy jabs the nail through the scientist's face, killing him instantly. The other scientists notice and ran after her. Maria takes a few steps back and grabs a combat knife. Suzy quickly frees her other arm and stands up.

One scientist wields a fire axe and swings it at her, but Suzy ducks and punches his face with the metallic chair arm. Casey and Alex watch her as they try to break free. Suzy removes the arm piece and picks up the fire axe. The scientists ran off scared.

Maria screams and runs over to Suzy, swinging the knife and cutting her arm. Suzy screams and lets go of the fire axe. Maria locks Suzy with her arm around her neck and her knife aiming there from behind.

"Casey's my bitch!" she said. "When I'm done with you, she's going to be fucking me day and night!"

Suzy angrily kicks her from behind, knocking the wind out of Maria. She throws many punches across her face, knocking Maria to the ground hurt. Maria quickly stabs Suzy's leg, bringing her down to her knee. She slowly gets up with her knife, ready to end Suzy's life.

"SUZY NO!!!" screamed Alex.

"MARIA WAIT!!!" screamed Casey. "I'LL DO ANYTHING!!!" Maria stops and slowly looks at Casey. She laughs a little.

"Anything, huh?" she asked. She makes her way towards Casey.

"Yes," said Casey. "I'll let you do anything with me.....just...don't...kill Suzy."

"Well now," Maria smirked, "that's something I like to hear from you, my sweet angel."

Suzy slowly gets up, noticing Maria distracted. She sees the long, sharp nail on the ground and quickly grabs it. She slowly crawls towards Maria.

"Just...don't hurt her," said Casey. "I really care about Suzy a lot. She's...she's my life...and I will never throw nor treat her like trash....she and Alex is all I have left..."

"How sweet," she smirked. "Hate to break it with you, I'm still gonna-"

Suzy uses the sharp nail and stabs Maria's back. The sharp blade bursts out of her chest. Maria's eyes and mouth widen. She slowly moves her eyes to see Suzy.

"Nobody...hurts...my...girlfriend..."

Maria's eyes became dull and her body collapses. Casey looks down at her dead body. Suzy removes the headgear from Casey's head and stops for a minute.

"Suzy, about what I sai-"

Suzy slaps Casey's cheek. "That was for cheating on me," she said. She then kisses Casey on the lips and pulls back, then smiles. "But that was for being honest."

"Oh come here you!" Casey laughed. Suzy hugs her tight and the two kissed each other. Alex notices.

"Uhhh guys?" he asked. "I'm still strapped on this thing. Guys? Guys?!"

Suzy quickly pulls back. "Oh! Sorry!" She unstraps Casey and then goes over to unstrap Alex. Casey stands up and rubs her wrists. She looks over at Suzy helping up Alex. The young boy looks up at her.

"Alex...I am so sorry for nearly getting you killed," said Casey. She walks over to him and hugs him tightly. Alex smiles and hugs her back.

"It's okay Casey," he said. "I forgive you. It was an accident. Just remember to listen to Suzy from now on."

"Right, gotcha," she smiled.

"Okay you guys," said Suzy, "let's go get Fawkes."

The trio has reunited once again, now faced with a new challenge in front of them; the Enclave.