Chapter Eleven: Tenpenny Tower

Mister Burke and Chief Gustavo return back to Tenpenny Tower after their failing to capture Casey, and for disobeying Allistair Tenpenny to bring her to him alive. As the gate opens, one of the guards walks up to Burke.

"Mr. Tenpenny would want to see you," he said. "As for you Chief Gustavo, I think you would want to look at this."

Mister Burke walks into the hotel building, while the guard leads Gustavo to what looks like graffiti that says, "DOWN WITH YOU SMOOTHPIGS!"

"Another ghoul wrote this?" Gustavo asked.

"Yeah," said the guard. "I swear, they just don't get it. Just because we don't allow them here doesn't mean they could ruin our property."

"Ghouls are nothing but freaks," said Gustavo. "Make sure to kill any more of them on sight."

"Yes, sir," said the guard.

-------------------------------------------

Mister Burke walks up the stairs from the main lobby area into the hotel. He enters inside the elevator, pressing the up button to go up to the penthouse. As he reaches up, he walks into the balcony of the hotel, where Allistair Tenpenny sat.

Tenpenny is an eighty year old entrepreneur from England, who traveled to the Capital Wasteland to seek fortune. As many survivors know, he is the eponymous founder and owner of the tower. The old man has a light gray, wavy hair with blue eyes, and wore a fancy red coat with a red handkerchief. He sat on a red, comfy chair, with his sniper rifle close in hand, staring out at the Capital Wasteland.

"You wanted to see me, sir?" asked Mister Burke.

Allistair Tenpenny slowly moves his head look at Burke, then moves his body towards him.

"Mister Burke," he said, "do you know why I'm happy?"

"Why...yes," said Burke. "Well...maybe...why?"

"Because I have the best job in the entire Capital Wasteland," said Tenpenny, slowly standing up. "As long as I control the Enclave, I can do anything I want. Anything. In fact, the only thing that I'm worried about, is if the Brotherhood of Steel wins, I would lose that job. AND YOU'RE FUCKING MAKING IT HAPPEN!"

Mister Burke slowly takes a few tiny steps back away from him. He knew Tenpenny will never be in a happy mood when he ever gets angry, especially in this situation.

"First you tried to force that girl Casey into blowing up Megaton, try killing her, and letting her get away!" he continued.

"Her little companion crippled me, sir," Burke quietly said.

"I know that!" Tenpenny said. "Then you disobeyed my orders to capture Casey, but instead, you try to kill her, and you finally let her get away again!"

"But I thought-"

"Who told you to think?!" he asked. "I don't give you enough information to THINK! You do what you're told, THAT'S what you do!"

".....yes, sir," Mister Burke said quietly.

"Now then," said Tenpenny, taking a deep breath. "Let's get down to business."

He leads Burke into his suite.

"I've got word that the Brotherhood's superior weapon is destroyed," said Tenpenny, "but they're now going after a new one. The worst part is that they discovered the data for our missiles at Adams Air Force Base. But I have a secret weapon of my own to bring the Brotherhood down on their knees. Do you think you can play along?"

"Yes sir," smiled Burke.

"Good," said Tenpenny. "Because otherwise, I'll blow your sorry ass up." Mister Burke's smile slowly fades away.

"So," he continued, "it all started when my men recovered some DNA at an old oil ridge long ago....."