Chapter Seventeen: Not A New Life; Presidental Metro

Morning rises in the Capital Wasteland. Casey slowly awakens, still in the arms of Maria. She smiles a bit, remembering last night. Not wanting to wake her up, Casey closes her eyes and cuddles with her. She felt her warm body press against her's. She could feel love pouring into her, flowing through her veins into her heart.

Maria slowly wakes up and looks down at Casey. She smiles and places her hand on her cheek.

"Good morning my sweet angel," she said.

"Good morning," smiled Casey. Maria lays right on top of her and kisses Casey. The two kissed peacefully for the next few minutes. Casey wraps her arms around her back and moves her hands around it, then moves slowly down to Maria's butt. Maria pulls back and smiles at Casey.

"You must really love me," she said.

"Yeah," said Casey. "I feel so much better now. Thank you for everything Maria. I..I actually want to stay with you forever."

"You do?" Maria asked.

"Yeah...you've been very nice and I'm grateful for that," she said. "I...I love you."

"I love you too, Casey," smiled Maria, giving Casey a soft kiss and pulls away. "You were very good last night."

"Thanks," smiled Casey. "You're a very good kisser."

Well, sort of, she thought. Not as good as Suzy.

"Why thank you," Maria smiled. "I have a surprise for you."

"Really? What is it?"

"Get ready and I'll show you," she smiled.

"Okay!" said Casey. She jumps out of bed and quickly puts her clothes on as Maria does the same. Casey puts her hair back in her usual ponytail and she grabs all her belongings. She looks over at Maria excitedly.

"Go ahead and open the door," she smiled. "It's just right outside."

Casey looks over at the door. She walks over to it and quickly opens it, with a big smile on her face. It slowly fades away.

"Well," said Mister Burke, "look what we have here."

Behind him were six Enclave troopers and a vertibird. Maria grinned and walks over to Casey.

"Surprised?" she asked. Casey slowly looks back at her. Before she lunged at her, two of the Enclave soldiers grabbed her arms and dragged her to the vertibird.

"I TRUSTED YOU!!!!" she screamed.

"It's a good thing you did!" said Maria. She looks over at Mister Burke and grins sinisterly.

"Come with us," he said. "You'll get your payment there."

-------------------------------------------

With the data Casey found, the scribes discover the Enclave's basing their operation, called Adam's Air Force base, just outside of DC. Paladin Tristan gives Suzy and Alex their next briefing. Alex was fully healed, though he still had the bandage on his cheek from the Deathclaw scratch.

"The only safe way to get to their base is through the Presidential Metro used by the government before the war," said Tristan. "You two will be on your own for now; the rest of the Brotherhood will be providing a distraction so you two can slip in undetected."