Chapter Four: It's a Trap!

Casey hurries down the asphalt road towards Rivet City. She hopes that Suzy and Alex will still be there in the rented room. Luckily, as she finally makes it, the bridge entrance to the city is already extended. She runs up the rusty stairs and crosses the bridge. A security guard notices Casey and he pulls out his 10mm pistol.

"Halt!" he said. "State your business!"

"I need to see my friends!" said Casey as she was catching her breath. "It's really important!"

"Well, alright," said the guard. "Since you're armed, I'm giving you a time limit. Two minutes, got me?"

"Yeah, yeah," said Casey.

"Okay, you can go," he said. The guard moves out of her way. Casey runs inside the ship through the hallways. She finally sees the door that leads into her rented room. She knocks on the door fast, then waits eagerly. No answer. She knocks again.

"Suzy! Alex! It's me!" said Casey. "Guys it's me! Casey! I'm alive!"

Still no answer. Casey bangs her fists on the door yet again to get an answer. Finally, the door opens. Casey gasps and smiles big, until she frowned after seeing it was someone different.

"Jesus Christ lady!" said the man. "Stop banging on my fuckin' door! I was sleeping!"

"Well sorry!" she said. "I just thought my friends were still here in your room!"

"Yeah well they ain't here! So fuck off!"

The man slams the door on Casey's face. She became furious.

"Fucker!" she screamed. Casey storms out of the hallways back outside. She sighs. They're gone. Suzy and Alex are gone. She believes she should head back to Megaton and see if they are there. After walking down the stairs back on dead soil, she looks up to see a familiar face. That familiar face sees Casey and smiles.

"Hey Casey!" he said.

"Oh shit, not you again," said Casey. It was Wally Mack. To what Casey could remember, he was a former friend with Butch, the Vault bully who always messes with her. Wally was wearing a different jacket that had a deadly skull on the back with the words "Killer Wastelanders" below. He also has his hair buzzed cut.

"How are you?" he asked with a smile on his face. "You still mad about what I said back at the Vault?"

"What do you think?" Casey asked in an angry tone. "So I see you and the others left that hole of a Vault and decided to come out."

"Yeah it's been a blast so far," said Wally. "I left the group to travel on my own. I'm in a group now! We call ourselves, the Killer Wastelanders. Cool, huh?"

"No," said Casey.

"Look I'm sorry for what I said about your dad," he said. "When Butch and I were just messing with you, I kinda secretly like you more than-"

"Ew! No! I'm already with someone!" she said. "Besides I'm not accepting your apology after all those years of being bullied by you faggots!"

"Could I at least get you a drink?" Wally asked. "Hey, money's all on me. Just want to do something for ya."

Casey stared at him. "Well...okay, fine," she said.

"There you go!" he smiled. "C'mon, let's go."

Casey and Wally walked up the stairs to go back into the city. She looks up to see three men wearing the same jacket as Wally's. Two of them quickly grab Casey's arms and the third strips her backpack off.

"AGH WHAT?!?!" she screamed. Wally looks at Casey and he pulls a 10mm pistol from his jacket pocket. The men drag Casey down towards an abandoned city. She struggles very hard to make them let go.

"WHAT THE FUCK WALLY!!!" Casey screamed.

"You and your dad should of stayed in Vault 101, Casey!" said Wally. "If you did, none of this shit would of happened! Vault 101 wouldn't be in turmoil, many deaths wouldn't occur, and your dad wouldn't have gotten himself killed all because of his stupid project!"

"YOU STAY OUT OF THIS!" she screamed. The men dragging Casey pin her to the wall of the building, pinning her arms and having her face Wally. He cocks his pistol.

"I laughed my ass off when I found out your dad died," said Wally. "I'll even laugh at you when I finally get to kill you!"

Casey snaps. She rises her foot and back kicks the man to her right in the groin. The man lets go and yells in pain. Casey uses her free right arm and punches the second man to her left. Wally's heart sank deeply seeing this happen and gets ready to shoot. Casey notices and she uses the man from her left as a shield. Wally fires, hitting his own man. Casey runs and pushes her man-shield, hitting Wally and making him fall on his back. The man from Casey's right throws a punch, but she blocks it, raising her other arm and dropping her elbow on his arm, making him go on his knees. The man tries to resist by trying to move his trapped arm.

"Don't resist!" said Casey. "Your arm will-"

SNAP!

"AHHHHH!!!!!!" screamed the man. Casey lets go of the man as his arm breaks from resisting her lock. The third man holding Casey's backpack drops it and grabs her assault rifle attached to it. She notices and acts fast. She picks up a piece of concrete from the ground and throws it at his face. The man gets hit and falls to the ground, making his face bleed.

Casey runs over to him and grabs her assault rifle. The man with the broken arm looks at Casey and runs after her. She glances at him and shoots him. The man falls over dead as blood sprayed out of the bullet holes. Wally gets up and fires his pistol at Casey, but poorly misses. She looks at him and shoots his gun. A perfect shot. Wally stares at Casey with fear.

"Casey, you wouldn't want to kill me, right?" he asked.

"I do," she said. "Give me one good reason."

"Well-"

Casey fires a bullet into Wally's head. His eyes grow dull while blood pours out. He falls onto his back with his life taken by Casey.

"Not a good reason," she said. All the men who failed to kill her lied dead. Pools of blood formed from the bodies. Casey walks over to her backpack and unzips it. Nothing has been taken. She grabs a 5.56mm round and reloads her assault rifle. She takes a deep breath. Why would Wally try to kill her? Was it because of what he said? Did he feel like it? Or was it planned? Planned. That word struck Casey's brain. Did somebody hire Wally to kill her? Was this a plan?

Just as that thought hit her brain, a loud noise hit her ears. Casey hears somebody yell inside the abandon town. A voice.

"What the fuck is going on there Wally?!" asked the voice.

Casey dashes at the location of the voice.