Chapter Six: Death From Above; Fall of Liberty Prime

Casey breathes heavily as she sat inside the vertibird. Fawkes looks over her and smiles big, showing his crooked and dirty teeth.

"It is great to see you alive!" said the friendly super mutant. "I thought you have died!"

"I thought so too!" said Casey.

"Hey Casey!" said a familiar voice. She looks over to the voice, seeing Elder Lyons' daughter, Sarah. Casey gasps.

"Sarah!" she said. The two laughed and embraced a hug. "You're okay!"

"I say the same to you too!" said Sarah. "I thought we would all be goners! It's a good thing it was only an energy spike."

"Yeah," said Casey. "I'm heading to where Paladin Tristan is."

"At the Rockland Car Tunnel?" she asked. "Fawkes and I were heading over there too until we found you. Who were those guys going after you?"

"One of them was Mister Burke," said Casey. "I've met him before. He wanted me to blow up Megaton, but I refused. The other guy, I have no idea who he is. One of their henchmen mentioned that this man named Tenpenny is now controlling the Enclave and that he wanted me dead. But why?"

"A man you don't know wants you dead?" asked Sarah. "This isn't good."

"Yeah," said Casey. "What do you think Fawkes?"

"The man seems dangerous," said Fawkes. "We mustn't let this happen. You are the main key figure to help stop the Enclave."

"And I intend to help end it and force them to tell me where my friends are," she added. "I just hope nothing bad is happening...."

-------------------------------------------

Alex sat in the corner, being guarded by two Enclave soldiers. After he and Suzy were captured by Enclave forces, they took them away, having him trapped while they go to torture Suzy. The little boy looked up at them, frightened. One of the soldiers looks at him.

"Keep your head down!" he said. Alex quickly looks back down. He hugs his legs tightly. What have they done with Suzy? After thinking about it, he hears the metal door slide open. He looks up again to see what truly scared him. Two Enclave soldiers dragged Suzy and they drop her on the floor. She was really hurt. Her face was covered in bruises, cuts, and little bits of blood.

"SUZY!" screamed Alex. He tried to run over to her, but one of the Enclave soldiers guarding him grabs him and pins him against the wall. Alex tries to break free, but it was no use. Suzy breathes slowly and looks up at the soldiers.

"You're...dead...w-when the Brotherhood...finds you all h-here..." she said. The Enclave soldiers laugh.

"Like that will be the day!" said one of them. Alex looks at Suzy with tears in his eyes. She stares at him, remembering that look. Flashbacks appeared in her mind when she first met the boy. His settlement in ruins, his people dead, including his parents.

Suzy crawls towards Alex. She reached to him, but an Enclave soldier kicks her hand and then her face. Suzy rolls over, covering her face. Her nose slowly bled. Alex cried in the corner.

"Shut up back there!" said an Enclave soldier. Alex sniffs and watches them fearfully. He wished Casey was alive. What would she had said to him to get out of a situation like this? For now, he'll never know.

------------------------------------------

After the vertibird lands at their destination, Casey exits the ship, wearing an extra T-45d Brotherhood power armor with a laser rifle. She looks back at Sarah with a smile as she held her helmet.