Chapter Twenty Two: Final Showdown

Casey and Alex finally reach the platform. The mission is finally a success. The missiles will soon strike the base, ending the Enclave once and for all. Alex hops off of Casey's back and smiles.

"Well," she said, "now all we have to do is wait for our ride to come pick us up."

"Yup!" he smiled.

Just then, a loud thump was heard. The thump shook the platform Casey and Alex stood on. The two looked around until seeing their worst nightmare; Frank Horrigan. Casey has completely forgotten all about him. This monster stands high above the two, ready for a fight.

"You've gotten a lot farther than you should have," he sinisterly said. "Your ride's over, mutie. Time to die."

"Alex," said Casey, "run."

"No," he said, "I'm tired of running. This is between us and him."

"Don't you mean us four?!" called out a voice. Casey and Alex turn around to see Suzy and Fawkes.

"Let this be the final battle against the Enclave!" said Suzy.

"Today we fight!" said Fawkes. The four friends grouped together against their biggest threat; Frank Horrigan.

"You four aren't going anywhere from here," said the monster.

"Time to get rid of that ugly mug of yours!" said Casey.

"Time for talking's OVER!" he yelled. Frank Horrigan aims his minigun at the group.

"SPLIT UP!" yelled Suzy. The gang splits into two and ran across the platform, dodging the bullets of death. Fawkes runs over to Frank Horrigan and grabs the minigun. The two super mutants battled for the gun, until it was ripped and thrown off. Frank angrily swings his long, sharp blade at Fawkes. He dodges and punches his hand out of the way to make room for a hard jab at Frank's helmet. He backs up, but then he kicks Fawkes hard in the stomach, sending him to fly back and hit the wall behind him.

Suzy fires the laser rifle at him, directly hitting him. Horrigan turns around and swings his blade at her. Suzy rolls and dodges, but then she gets punched by the monster. Fawkes slowly gets up and walks over to Horrigan. Alex climbs on his back, then jumps onto Frank, trying to cover his face. The mutant moves around to let him go, but Alex held on tight.

"LET GO, MUTIE!" Frank yelled.

"No!" said Alex. Frank shortly grabs him and throws him across the platform. He tumbles and falls off the platform, but quickly grabs the ledge. Suzy runs over to help, but Frank pushes her hard out of the way. Before he could end Alex, a rock hits the side of his helmet. He glances over to see who threw it, finding Casey.

"Come at me, ugly!" she said.

"NNNGGGGHHHAAAA!!!!" Frank runs over to Casey with a fury.

Ohshitohshitohshitohshit, she said in her head, freaked out to fight Horrigan. As he swings his long blade, Casey rolls over and takes out her old friend; her combat knife. She starts jabbing at his exposed skin not covered by his armor, mainly his arms. Horrigan grabs Casey by the head and lifts her up.

"YOU'LL DIE MUTANT!" he yelled. Fawkes runs quickly towards the two and punches Frank's head from behind. He drops her and gets stunned. Fawkes grabs his right arm, trying to remove his blade. The two monsters wrestled each other to get the upper hand, but Frank Horrigan throws Fawkes against the wall. He raises his blade and throws it towards him, but Fawkes quickly gets out of the way.

Frank's blade goes straight through the wall. He tries getting it out, but it was no use. Fawkes looks at Frank angrily, cracking his knuckles.

"No more games," he said. "TIME TO DIE!" Frank snaps the blade off from his wrist and faces Fawkes.

"Come get some," he said. Fawkes yells out a war cry and throws many jabs at Frank, but the monster blocks his attacks and throws a hard punch. Fawkes backs up and falls on one knee. Casey, Suzy, and Alex gang up on him and try hurting him, but it was no use.

Frank throws them all off, then continues his way towards Fawkes. He throws a hard punch at him, but Fawkes grabs his fist and pushes back. Frank looks at his fist being pushed back as he tries pushing forward, but it wasn't the case. Fawkes yells and pulls Frank towards him, then throws a hard punch at his face. Frank Horrigan flies back, as an eye piece from his helmet flies off. He slowly sits up, exposing an angry glare of an eye. Casey notices, then gets an idea.

"I have a stupid idea!" she said.

"How stupid?!" asked Suzy. Without an answer, Casey looks to see her combat knife is close to Frank Horrigan. She rushes over to it, and jumps to grab it. Just then, Frank grabs Casey by her leg. She notices and quickly grabs her knife.

"YOU ARE ALL DEAD!!!" he roared. "I WILL END ALL OF YOUR LIVES-"

Casey turns her body towards him and shoves the knife into his eye. Frank Horrigan screams loudly and backs away from the group. Casey quickly crawls towards the others, scared out of her mind. Frank grabs the knife and takes it off. His eye bleeds like crazy, but this doesn't bring the monster down. Horrigan breathes in and out angrily.

"NRRRGGGGAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!" he screamed. He runs over to the group in a fury. Each step he took was a loud boom. Just before he could get any closer, two vertibirds fly above behind the group, facing Horrigan. They blasted mini missiles at him, blowing him up.

The group backed up fast. The vertibirds land and the back doors open, releasing Brotherhood of Steel Paladins, and surprisingly, Sarah.

"Missed me?" she asked.

"Sarah!" said Casey.

"Hey you're okay!" said Suzy.

"You guys think I'd be at home missing out on a good fight?" she asked. "Let's not waste any more time. We gotta go NOW!"

"The missiles!!" cried out Alex. "They'll hit us in any minute!"

The entire group heard loud moaning. They look over to see Frank Horrigan, blown up in half. His entire lower body has been blown off, and blood covers the entire floor.

"Y-You-" he coughs. -"haven't won...here...even if the Enclave...is erased from existence...new thr-threats will rise....and t-they will...kill....you.....all......."

Frank Horrigan slowly dies. The group looks down at him, a little frightened about what he said. New threats? Casey walks over at his dead body and looks down at him.

"Whatever this threat is," she said, "we'll be ready."

"Come on everyone!" said Sarah. "Get your asses back in the vertibird! The missiles will strike her any moment!"

Casey, Suzy, Alex, and Fawkes quickly run inside the vertibirds. The ships quickly take off and fly off towards a safe distance.